United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm an independent contractor writing Enterprise Java applications for corporate clients. I work fulltime beside employees and other contractors 40+ hours a week designing and implementing "stuff" tm. I've been independent for 10 years and I've never been without a gig. Today, my client of 6 years decided they just couldn't swing another project so...I'm out on the street looking for my next gig.

There's something extremely liberating about looking for another job especially after being in the same place for 6 years. I'm mentally ready for the change and I'm actually looking forward to it.

You may not see much of me for awhile during my search or...maybe...you'll see more of me.

I'm not posting looking for a job but if you're interested in seeing what I've done, I'm on LinkedIn.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inmail sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I'm that good!

Seriously though, the original gig was supposed to be only 3 months. Huge amount of hours working to bring up a system from the ground up. That was so successful that after a few releases I just kept getting passed around to other areas of my client (huge company) and by the time I was done on several releases of one project, there'd be another one to start.

I know, I know...I've been damn lucky and yes it was an awesome gig.

But...it's time to move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I billed on an hourly rate through a third party on the client's "approved" vendor list. I was a subcontractor to the third party vendor with them taking a tiny amount of the end client bill rate. I invoiced the third party for my time.

I'm an employee of my own corporation so "my" relationship with the third party is really at the corporate level in a 1099-based corp-to-corp relationship. I only get paid when I run payroll for my corporation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.