Glasgow
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all
badge
Play Pinball
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eye of Judgment

This is a bit of an unusual session report for the Geek in so far as its a game report about a match against a computer.
The Eye of Judgment game can be played against another human (in your living room or over the internet) or against the Playstation 3. The PS3 is a tough opponent. It is no easy match even on just the 'Normal' difficulty setting. And this is exactly the setting you are going to read about just now.

I had been working on a deck (which i had modestly called 'Ultra Beatdown') for some time now. unfortunatly, since i am a bit of a rubbish board game player, I had lost 7 of my last 8 matches with it. But as I said the PS3 is a crafty opponent, so dont write me off just yet. This time my match was against a starter deck called Water Barrage.

The computer won the toss and got to play first. Personally this suits my playing style as I like to play second to get the first attack on an opponent on the feild. The PS3 started off with a Tritonan Ice Guard, placed on a water feild to boost his defence by 2. I played a 'Parmetic Holy Feast' to allow me to gain two extra mana so I had four straight off the bat. I played 'Dungeon of Ten Tyrants' a card that cannot attack on its own but it gives you 1 extra mana at the end of each turn. This was my set up for the match. The idea beind that after the first turn I would have a definite mana advantage each turn.

Sadly my Dungeon fortress mana farm was destroyed almost imediatley by what was the start of a relentless onslaught of mean cards that seemed to have every single one of my cards countered.
I had a card that would give every ally I had 'Perfect Dodge' if they were alligned the same as that card. So the computer would play the Elf Archeress who would shoot you and rotate the target 180 degree, thus negating the work I had done setting everyone of my cards up facing the same way. And so it continued.

The enveitable happened 35 turns later when I was destroyed again by the blasted PS3 and it's impecably programmed playing style. So it would seem that my play style leaves a lot to be desired and also that 'Ultra Beatdown' may have to be taken outside and shot.

Nevermind, at least my console will never get bored of beating me, like my freinds do.

Eric
Play Eye of Judgment, it rocks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.