Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Tackett
United States
Neon
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question #1. When the window opens for actions to be played, if it isn't your turn can you still play actions....in other words, if its my turn and I draw my cards and don't want to resolve an actions can my opponent still have the opportunity to do so?

Question #2. Did we play this right.......
I have Assistant to Herbert West and Contract Killer and another character in play. My opponent plays The Time Is Nigh, after he brings out Cthulhu I use the contract killers ability (his action was the ritual so it would be my turn to play actions) then I disrupt the CK action to sac a character for Herbert West.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
LordDarkSith wrote:
Question #1. When the window opens for actions to be played, if it isn't your turn can you still play actions....in other words, if its my turn and I draw my cards and don't want to resolve an actions can my opponent still have the opportunity to do so?

Yes, the defending player (non-active) always has the oppurtunity to play actions during any action window even if the active player chooses not to. The active player always gets first chance (even with responses) but you still can if they pass.

LordDarkSith wrote:
I have Assistant to Herbert West and Contract Killer and another character in play. My opponent plays The Time Is Nigh, after he brings out Cthulhu I use the contract killers ability (his action was the ritual so it would be my turn to play actions) then I disrupt the CK action to sac a character for Herbert West.

That would be fine, except that character you sac cannot be CK. If you sac CK to pay for Dr. West, then you can no longer pay for CK's ability and thus it fails. Make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asif Kazmi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to this game but I'm confused as to what you are trying to do. Is your goal to get the Assistant back in your hand? And you need to play the disrupt on an effect to do so?

In that case, why not leave the Contract Killer out of the equation. Just use the opponent's ritual action to play your Assistant's disrupt ability. Is that not correct? The Time is Nigh is an effect that you can use your Assistant's ability on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.