Popular Tags: [View All]
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up today when I swung by the FLGS after work. They finally had some copies of CoH in (I had already secured one a few months earlier) but more importantly, they had a new Swamp Mapboard Expansion.

The mapboard comes shrink-wrapped with a small paper folder which on the inside had two firefights. Unless I'm mistaken, the firefights are the same ones available on the CoH website but it's nice to have the official printings of them. Also included, as a nice surprise, were the two errata'd player aid charts from the main game box. This alone made the purchase a no-brainer -- they immediately went into page protectors replacing the originals.

The mapboard itself is the same amazingly high quality as the originals; it's nice and hard mounted with no warping and terrific graphical flourishes on the mapside.

Overall, given the relatively miniscule price tag of around $12 Canadian I'd give this product a big thumbs-up. If you're a fan of CoH you can't afford not to pick this expansion up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the swamp map is a good purchase. I've played both of the firefights for it and they are excellent - a lot of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much to my surprise, I've now played The Swamps of Bryansk four times, and won with the Germans twice. I thought it would be much more difficult to get past those Russian AT Guns, mines and wired hexes! Never managed to take the bunker yet though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe 10 euros for a mounted board with two scenarios and a set of reference sheets seem a bit pricey but believe me it is totally worth it!

Go get this expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this for free, mind you witout the fire fights, but still good deal.

The firefights are on the website you say?
Could you provide me with a link?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to join the Academy Games website, but after you do, you click on the download tab and you can find marsh battles plus others for ATB and SoS as well.

http://www.academy-games.com/

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,

Didn't know you played COH. Go figure.. Ive been playing a lot lately. One more for the common denominator my lost brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... I have and play this game as well. But, at this time I only have the COH: AtB and Marsh Map. I would like to get the COH: SoS and also the COH: Poland expansion as well. I don't get to play it often, but at least my wife likes this game!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim,

I've not found time to play it yet.
Bought too many games so it has to wait in line. but did have a quick look through the box, is this the site they mention in the rulebook?

You wife likes it too?
Is she into wargames or....... hm.. maybe I should let myne have a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website that is mentioned in the rule book (I can't recall as it has been a while since I seen that site in the rule book) might be the old one, since they redid the site. The newer one is nicer and more organized. However, it is the same company, and not a 'fan' site.

I am not sure if my wife actually likes wargames?, but she plays games such as Axis & Allies D-Day, A&A Battle of the Bulge. She also says she will play Memoir '44. She likes games that use strategy and wargames are just one of that type. However... it isn't like she will say; Hey, let's play Axis & Allies! I have to do that

I also have games waiting in line... but I always 'try' to get at least one play of each game shortly after I buy it, because one thing I hate is seeing a game that I have had for a couple years with the shrink still on it. Sort of like the Marsh Map... I haven't played that scenario yet.shake

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
like your avatar by the way.

The showed that series over here many years ago.
I don't remember that much of it, only that I didn't really care for the clever real heroes.

The fat german sargeant was my favourit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:

The fat german sargeant was my favourite.

It was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I still like the reruns today. Sure... it is silly, but better than what is on TV today. Reality shows are not my cup of tea.

I think that everybody loved Sgt. Schultz! His famous; I know NOTHING!

Who knows... ask your wife to play... she may like it. The first scenario doesn't take that long to learn, setup, or play. She may surprise you!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.