Popular Tags: [View All]
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crisis card Sleep Deprivation has the option to return all undamaged vipers on the game board to the "Reserves" and then send the current player to "Sickbay".

What happens if there is a viper on the board that is manned? Does the pilot go to the Hangar Bay (like he does after a jump) or does he also goes to Sickbay (fits thematically)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hangar Bay is the default location for a pilot to return to. I don't think Sickbay can be assumed, and since the card doesn't specify that the pilot does go to Sickbay, I think it must be the Hangar Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kaltsas
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We sent the pilot from the manned viper (me) to Sickbay. If you don't than the card has less of an effect since you wouldn't get your limited Sickbay draw. I think in the case of this card the card instructions supersede the standing rule of the manned pilot returning to the hangar bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card doesn't say "All viper pilots", it says "the current player". If the current player is in a Viper (or anywhere else, for that matter), then of course he goes to the sickbay, but I don't see anything indicating other players in Vipers do so as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Konieczka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone piloting a viper would return to the Hanger Deck (except of course the current player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Corey for clarifying this.

You have made a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.