Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
His name was Wasabi, I've had him since 2002.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so sorry. I had a parakeet too. Back when I lived by myself in my apartment. His name was Birdy. I was so sad when he died. He was a real character. It's amazing how attached you can get to a bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Im very sorry for your loss, it sounds like he had a good 6 years in a loving home. The name is great as well. E-hug to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry to hear about Wasabi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, parakeets (budgerigars for you non-Americans) are wonderful, enthusiastic little birds! I had one named "Little Buddy" for 13 years, and he was so named because he loved everything passionately: Mr. wall hanger, Mr. door knob, Mrs. shiny spoon, Mrs. button-on-your-shirt, and my then-only cockatiel, Tiger (much to Tiger's horror and disgust). He loved them enthusiastically and loudly and melodically and we missed him terribly when he passed away. It's hard to get used to the quiet once they're gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Seems like rather than a moment of silence we should all whistle a tune to celebrate a great life in a great home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Casey
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that there, K.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Tiny, tiny drumsticks.

No, really. Sorry.

Maybe this will help.....

Or this....

No?

Well, still sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
Yeah, parakeets (budgerigars for you non-Americans) are wonderful, enthusiastic little birds!

I'm pretty certain that budgies (budgerigars for you people that don't understand diminutives) are just a subset of those birds that are referred to as parakeets. It's therefore entirely possible that the deceased was not, in fact, a budgerigar. Perhaps Jonathan will enlighten us with regard to the actual genus. It's really his place to do so, I think. I suppose in the end it won't really alter the specifics of his grieving, but only he can tell us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
pdclose wrote:
Yeah, parakeets (budgerigars for you non-Americans) are wonderful, enthusiastic little birds!

I'm pretty certain that budgies (budgerigars for you people that don't understand diminutives) are just a subset of those birds that are referred to as parakeets. It's therefore entirely possible that the deceased was not, in fact, a budgerigar. Perhaps Jonathan will enlighten us with regard to the actual genus. It's really his place to do so, I think. I suppose in the end it won't really alter the specifics of his grieving, but only he can tell us.

My turn to do the whole chit chat thing: "Wait Wha?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue

I must say I love his name though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
pdclose wrote:

My turn to do the whole chit chat thing: "Wait Wha?"

What, you don't know??? Oh fine, ask Jonasan then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Growing up, my sister had a parakeet. It would make love to your thumb if you weren't careful. And you wanted to be careful, because vomiting seeds all over their loved one seems to be foreplay for parakeets.

One time my sister's friend brought over her female parakeet. "How nice!" we all thought, "Tucker can have sex with something other than a tumb at last!" Nope. Tucker hid in the bottom of his cage with his head shoved under his water cup the whole time. Meanwhile the female parakeet had a great time playing on Tucker's swing, tossing around his jingle bell, and generally totally ignoring the weirdo with his head stuck under the water cup.

When Tucker finally passed away it was very sad indeed. Parakeets have a lot of character and it is easy to care about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Birds are my personal favorites among God's many creatures, and please accept my condolences at your loss.

Perhaps you'll consider a replacement, an upgrade, a breed that has much to commend it. I'm talkin'....cockatiels!

Rocky has been my favorite bird since 1997. Cockatiels are natives of Australia, and unlike human Australians, they can be trusted not to drink your beer!

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamegrunt wrote:

Rocky has been my favorite bird since 1997. Cockatiels are natives of Australia, and unlike two-legged Australians, they can be trusted not to drink your beer!
Gg

How many legs do Cockatiels actually have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am in your debt, Mr. Cranky! You continue to be the fact-checker par excellance on our fine website. I have corrected my error.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that man... Anytime you lose a feathered or furry friend it is a very sad day
Warm regards,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear you've lost such a good friend and companion. May you feel God's presence in this time of morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Monty. That's a pile of sucks.

Maybe Wasabi is somewhere in the cosmos telling a departed duck the joke about the legless parrot getting excited and falling off of his perch, and sharing some bread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamegrunt wrote:

par excellance

Because it's my birthday, and due to the expressed sentiment, and mostly because Rocky is such a fine looking bird, I'm going to let that one slide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soory for your loss. Wasabi flies among the stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Sorry to hear about your budgie.
It's always sad when one of the featherd buggers dies. At least over here it also can be quite hard to find a veterinarian who really knows about birds.

Gamegrunt wrote:
Rocky has been my favorite bird since 1997. Cockatiels are natives of Australia, and unlike human Australians, they can be trusted not to drink your beer!Gg

Lovely picture. My fiancé and I also have a small flock of seven cockatiels sharing our appartment.
While they don't drink your beer (they are afraid of the foam ), I wouldn't trust them with anything else. One of ours once drank from my glass of wine! Try to offer them a new kind of fruit or vegetable and they'll eye it suspiciously for hours, fearing it migh eat them. But if there is something they shouldn't eat or drink, they'll go right for it. shake
One cautionary thought about cokatiels though: They love to nibble at everything! Especialy cardboard - which includes boxes of boardgames. These days we keep the birds in one room and books and games in another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
soblue

soblue +1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your parakeet. We had a pair when I was a kid. Had them for many years. One day the cat jumped on the cage and female died of a heart attack(we think)....three days later the male died, we think of a broken heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your loss, my friend. We had two when my sister and I were kids. We came home from a trip one day and when my parents brought us up from the car, their cage and a window was open. Apparently they'd flown away. My parents said they were flying to Africa.

Of course about two years ago, I was infromed that the birds had actually passed away, and my parents had gone up into the house while we were in the car, discovered the bodies, and staged the whole thing.

...that was also the same day I found out the dog I had as a boy, Samson, wasn't really sent to a farm where he would have lots of room to run, he'd been put down. Yeah, I know...you'd think I would have figured it out on my own over the course of 17 years.

What did it take for me to discover the truth? Frighteningly enough, a rerun of "Friends." Ross talks about how his boyhood dog was sent to a farm where it could roam free or something, and is told by his sister that wasn't actually the case. When I saw that, things started coming together in my head.

...ok, sorry for the nostalgia. I thought a slightly humorous story about the loss of my pets might perk you up a bit. Anyway, I really am sorry, I know the feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.