Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marcus jones
United Kingdom
Pinner
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmb
We had an interesting situation occur today early in our five player game. I was playing yellow and sent my Boss, henchman and two thugs from New Jersey in a limousine to Staten Island where I attacked the Blue Boss and his hitman and thug. There was a bloodbath. The rules do not cover this precise scenario. However, they state that if your boss is assassinated, you are out of the game. We interpreted this to mean both players were knocked out completely. We therefore removed both sides' remaining family members (which were elsewhere) from the board, leaving Green, Silver and Red to fight it out. Were we right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Danila
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you were right. I would advise against fighting with your boss unless absolutely necessary....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was studying the rules, and the rules state, that your boss can only be killed by an assassin. How does that work when 2 bosses go against each other with out hit men?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcus jones
United Kingdom
Pinner
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmb
Interesting point. I think you may be referring to the section "Killing Another Boss" on page 14 of the rules which state:

"Look for for every opportunity to assassinate one of the rival Bosses. Assassinating the other Bosses is essential to winning the game. Bosses cannot be captured or kidnapped. They can only be assassinated."

I think "assassinated" should be read to mean killed by any piece (thug, henchman, hit man, family member, boss) as opposed to kidnapped or captured. It does not mean the boss can only be killed by a hit man.

This is the sense seemingly used elsewhere. Under "Kidnapping Family" (also page 14), it says: "During the game, do your best to kidnap or assassinate the other players' Family Members." Note again the contrast between "kidnap" and "assassinate". It's simply another way to say "kill".

In any event, I can't see any reason why only a hit man could assassinate a boss. There is no piece called an "assassin". It is just that the hit man's ability is a sneak attack/more accurately targetted fire. But all other pieces can kill and hence can assassinate a boss or family member too.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.