Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this card be used when resolving the Before Combat phase for Dragonlord Eregax? Horodrax states "Activate this card to receive a +2 bonus to Resist test". Eregax says "Before Combat: Test Resist (17). If you fail, you may not activate cards this combat". Is Horodrax considered a Before Combat ability? If so, I don't think Horodrax can be used because the rules require that the adventure's before combat ability be resolved "even before any of your own Before Combat special abilities".
Man, I've been playing this game too much! Think I'm reading too much into this. Would still appreciate an answer. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're allowed to activate one card in the Before Combat stage, whether that's in the enemy's segment or your own. I don't see why Horodrax would be any different in that regard from any other card. So sure, you can use Horodrax to get a +2 to that Resist check, and that counts as your single allowable activated card for the Before Combat phase.

That's the way I play it, at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Disagree, I don't think Horodrax counts as a 'before combat' ability, it's simply a card activated at any time to give the said bonus.

So, I could use the +2 bonus for the Resist test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank:

Thanks. I have been using your solitaire variant and really enjoying it. So much so, I've ordered a fair amount of Runebound product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.