Popular Tags: [View All]
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. I understand that when rolling on the Cooperatively Mystery Phase Chart (on a 3-4 result) or when drawing an 'Agents of Evil' card or a 'These Roads Aren't Safe' card, I have to roll on the Villain Minion Chart: now, if I roll 'The Villain attack!' Event, who will be the target of the attack? Is it the first player of the current round of play? I played in this way, but I'd like an official clarification about, also because I read some others interpretations on these forums...

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

It says on the card or chart where the Minion is placed or where the Event occurs...usually at a Random Location (such as with the 'Agents of Evil' card). If there is a Hero in the space, they are attacked (just like with Minions, if there is more than one Hero in the space, the Hero with the Highest Honor is attacked as noted on p.17). If there are no Heroes there, this is covered in the 'Villain Attack!' entry on the chart (move Shadow Track, place Investigation, etc).

Some cards have a different method for where the Event will take place, such as 'These Roads aren't Safe!' which lets the current First Player choose any empty space on the board for the Event/Minion to show up.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jchill7 wrote:

It says on the card or chart where the Minion is placed or where the Event occurs...usually at a Random Location (such as with the 'Agents of Evil' card). If there is a Hero in the space, they are attacked (just like with Minions, if there is more than one Hero in the space, the Hero with the Highest Honor is attacked as noted on p.17). If there are no Heroes there, this is covered in the 'Villain Attack!' entry on the chart (move Shadow Track, place Investigation, etc).

Some cards have a different method for where the Event will take place, such as 'These Roads aren't Safe!' which lets the current First Player choose any empty space on the board for the Event/Minion to show up.

- Jason

Oh, thank you very much for the fast response

So when the Villain attacks I have to draw a Lair card to know where he will attack and if there is a Hero there he will be attacked (with Honor breaking ties); is it right? But I have to place the Villain marker there? And if yes, does it will stay in play and for how long?

And in the case of the 'These Roads aren't Safe!' card, the Villain will never attack, because of the 'empty space' choice. Is it right? (I mean, if there is an Hero or something else in the space, then it is not considered an empty space and the Villain cannot attack there, am I right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
So when the Villain attacks I have to draw a Lair card to know where he will attack and if there is a Hero there he will be attacked (with Honor breaking ties); is it right? But I have to place the Villain marker there? And if yes, does it will stay in play and for how long?

The villain isn't placed on the board so it's just a single fight round with one hero. I'd say for the Horseman though that he would fight all heroes in the space as part of his Relentless Charge (fighting as he rides to Town Hall).

RaistlinMajere wrote:
And in the case of the 'These Roads aren't Safe!' card, the Villain will never attack, because of the 'empty space' choice. Is it right? (I mean, if there is an Hero or something else in the space, then it is not considered an empty space and the Villain cannot attack there, am I right?)

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.