Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Yoder
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After finishing Bazaar, Mike R., Mike S., Thad, and I got to the real meat of the evening.

Mike S. shot ahead in the first round, taking several special scoring opportunities. The rest of us were more than 10 points behind after the first scoring.

At this point Mike R. put the 4/0/0 floating scoreboard on Mike S.'s home province, where it would remain for the rest of the game. He also managed to get the 8/4/0 board on his own home province and score it at least three times. Meanwhile Thad and I spread our men out, he in the north where he was not contested too much, and I in the east.

At the end of the second scoring round it was neck and neck. Nobody took the special scoring cards in the final round because nobody could get enough of an advantage. I ran out of cabelleros in my provinces and court, a failing that would doom me on the final moves. Mike R. had very good board presence, but once he lost the 8/4/0 board it was mostly in low scoring provinces. Thad had been scoring steadily all game in his mostly uncontested north, but he kept having to take action cards he didn't want to use.

Mike S. saved his 1 and his 13 for the final round, ensuring that he would control the king right before scoring. This enabled him to pull ahead for the win.

This was a very close game; we were all within a 10 point range for most of the last half. It was also a fun game, with lots of reversals of fortune. Mike S., in particular, thought he had lost the game when he couldn't get the 4/0/0 out of his home region, but clever play at the end garnered him the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.