Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Wizard's Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using hero or sorcerer to attack dragon or wizard in space you occupy. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Clift
United States
Eaton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Rule D.5. limits when you can attack the dragon or wizard, requiring a hero or sorcerer respectively.

Rule D.4. says for a free attack on dragon or wizard in space you occupy no counter supplement can be made. Does that extend to 'moving' hero or sorcerer? Or do you need to call it a normal attack and then move the super powers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It comes down to a few questions:
1) What you feel the definition of "player's force" and "counters" is? Does it literally mean counters? Or is it just the writer's oversight and he used "counters" to mean the army counters. Does "force" include the hero/sorcerer units which have their own special rules?
2) What purpose not allowing someone to bring their hero/sorcerer would serve. Would someone intentionally design the game in this fashion?
3) Do we want the players to actually be able to make free attacks? Or should it be so rare that it is essentially never going to happen.

I'm not sure I like the "no supplement" rule to begin with. It makes some sense when you are attacking the dragon/wizard which is right on top of your army, since I could see them being blockaded in, unable to get reinforcements, or having to fight by the seat of their pants. However, not being able to bring reinforcements when attacking and adjacent area seems contrived.

To summarize my answer: I am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the rules state you can make as many free attacks in this fashion as you wish. It makes no mention if they can be from different areas, so that might imply that only one area can make the attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barnes
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is how the computer version rules it:
"When using a free attack campaign against the dragon or wizard, no counter supplement can be made, except of course to summon the hero or sorcerer. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.