Jess Newman
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty simple question: in the Burn 'Em Out scenario, do heroes need to have a fire item to use explosives?
The scenario card makes no mention of fire items, but the rules state that fire items are necessary, as do the gasoline and dynamite cards.
Also, can you douse a spawning pit space in gasoline as per the rules?

Since the rules are vague, I feel that this scenario is very skewed in favor of the heroes. I find it strange that there are basically two of this scenario, but that this one is skewed greatly toward heroes and that Burn It To The Ground is skewed towards the zombies. It makes little sense to me that this would be the case, rather than one balanced scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even thought the scenario doesn't mention it, you do need fire to light dynamite, gasoline, etc. At least, that's how we've always played it. Seems like common sense, can't light a fuse without a flame...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Appleby
Australia
lismore
N.S.W
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys
On page 20 of the rule book under other scenario notes, it says:

"When using Explosives to blow up a spawning pit, the hero does not require any other cards (such as a Fire card to ignite it, etc.)"

Though personally we ignore this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
like Zombielove said, if you are blowing up a spawn pit, you don't need a fire item.

However, using explosives i.e. throwing a dynamite at a group of zombies will still require the use of a lighter or any other fire item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep we just took it as special rules which superceeded the usual rules on the cards as if fire items were needed then surely they would have been listed in the scenario search rules? It does cause us to stop and hmmmm a bit though so not wouldn't be surprised if a lot people questioned this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like to imagine in that scenario that the zombie spawn pits are burning with some sort of mystic hellfire already, and thus will cause whatever's dropped in to explode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.