Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put all my cards in sleeves and it was a pain to fit them back in the insert. Also looking for the kingdom card to use was taking some time, as was the setup, giving each player a starting hand etc.

So I decided to use tuckboxes for all the cards:

You can find the file here: Tuckboxes for use with Yogioh Sized Sleeves

First get that insert out.

There's a tuckboxes for each of the 25 kingdoms, plus some strange ones:
- 4 tuckboxes, 1 for each player, so each will hold 7 Copper and 3 Estate cards, ready to take out and start playing
- The tuckboxes for the point cards and Garden Kigdom are meant to hold only 8 cards each for the 2-Player game
- 2 combination tuckboxes for the 3-4 Player games, one to hold 4 Estate and 4 Duchy cards, and another to hold 4 Province and 4 Garden cards - if you're playing a 2-Plyer game you will not need this cards
- 3 tuckboxes for the Curse cards, each will hold 10 Curse cards, and you will need 10 for the 2-player game, 20 for the 3-player game and 30 for the 4-player game
- There's also a tuckbox to hold all the placeholder cards and the Trash card.

So this way you have the setup already made, just give a tuckbox with the starting deck to each player, and open the tuckboxes you're in need dependent on how many players there are.

Another thing: it will accept a great number of kingdom cards that may be issued in the future!!

If you're going to use this file, use A4 paper and first try out in draft mode one page to see if everything fits!! I use double sided tape as I think it is the best method to glue everything, but YMMV.

Hope this may help some of you out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not bad. I went the bargain basement route:

- go to the FLGS and get a card box (550ish or so)
- cut up a bunch of index cards so they fit in the box but still peek above the cards when they're on their side.
- sort as desired.

Totally ghetto. But you also get a nice, small portable box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Just
United States
Yorba LInda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great solution. It will also allow us to store many more cards when the expansions come. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems that when I sleeve my cards that'll be the route to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustKen wrote:
This is a great solution. It will also allow us to store many more cards when the expansions come. gulp

Yep, it seem clear that the insert will need to go as soon as the first expansion comes out anyway. I sure hope it can hold three or four expansions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the question is if any one has (or will do) similar tuckboxes for M:tG sized sleeves.

Based on what I've seen of the Y-G-Oh sleeves, there's an exposed top edge which can and does cause wear on the cards, which puts one right back with the original problem which is that some of the cards will wear more than others (due to more use) and thus be more identifiable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.