Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote from the Valley Games rules:

"Note that Titans are colour-matched to Legions and each player will have one set. The rest of the Characters in the game are 'generic' in that any player can use them..."

Then why do Angels have different colours? Am I limited to recruiting the three Angels in my colour, or do I ignore the specific colours of the Angels.

Thanks,

Matthias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have read somewhere that it was to match the original counters, but is unrelated to gameplay; you can use any color when summoning, and you can summon more than 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
In battle when both sides have an angel, it's convenient to have them be the right colors so you know whose is whose. (Of course, you have to keep the other counters the right side, since those ogres could belong to either player).

It's just a nice touch. Like having all the counters have unique artwork. Everyone will need a few angels (at least, you hope you'll need them), so everyone gets a few of "their own."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Corbin
United States
Tigard / Lake O.
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like somebody else beat me to a slightly different wording of the question I was about to ask...

As quoted, the rules to the VG edition of Titan indicate that all characters other than the Titan are generic. However, the angels are clearly color-coded by legion (3 each) and I'm remembering them being handed out with the titan and legion counters when I'd played the AH version.

Presuming that angels ARE supposed to be assigned only to the associated legion, does the same apply to archangels? Has an errata to the rules been posted anywhere?

I've only played Titan a handful of times, spread out over the last 10 years, so I'm reading through the rules tonight to brush up on the fine points.

SRC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Brian is right.

You aren't limited to 3 angels and they are color coded for convenience. Technically you could start with a Red Titan, Red Legion markers and a Blue Angel. We don't do that because it would be confusing. Archangels are rare so they aren't color coded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
gamerSRC wrote:
As quoted, the rules to the VG edition of Titan indicate that all characters other than the Titan are generic.

That is correct.

gamerSRC wrote:
However, the angels are clearly color-coded by legion (3 each) and I'm remembering them being handed out with the titan and legion counters when I'd played the AH version.

Thats only done for convenience. That way everyone had the angel they need at the start and a supply of 2 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Corbin
United States
Tigard / Lake O.
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarification. Obviously I never lived long enough to have more than three angels.

SRC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.