Oasis» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kudzma
United States
flag msg tools
People are...
I had heard alot fo mixed feelings about this game; however I am a fan of Mr. Moon and when presented a chance to play one of his newer games that I hadn't played before, I jumped at the chance.

We had 4 players for this one. Our friend Hal was off to a jump start with camels, and my wife was close behind him. I for one, having only played 2 camels by game's end (and only because I got stuck with them), never bothered with them. I had decided to focus on steppe and grassland (at least that's what I called them, for those played or looked at the game I am sure you will know which I mean). I like the idea that even though you might play tons of resources onto the board, claiming tons of territory; you get nothing if you have no multiplier tiles for that resource. A nice game balancing mechanism that forces players to diversify.

I enjoyed the flow of the game, as we each took turns revealing the amount of resource cards from our stacks (blindly of course, this seems to be the only luck in the game), vying to make our "offers" the best looking for the oh so valueable 1st player slot. I like how you get a bonus action for getting 1st player too. It makes putting up more of an offer less risky. I also liked that it was one part tile placement and one part area control. Funny how some of the placement rules from Moon's New England are present.

Oasis offers alot more player interaction than almost any of his other games, and there is seemingly no down time either. The more I think about it the better I liked it. Part of that is due to the fact that we had 4 players, and Hal wanted us to have 5. So it seems that in his experience perhaps the more the better. From my view I would have to agree. I won this game by a full 10 points. I "lapped" the score track due to a 72 point score on steppes.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.