Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is one side of each map completely in French? I did French at school so I can read it anyway, just wondering. But it also implies that the Air Pack is required, as it states that you can cover the French printed cards with the equivalent English ones, some of which are only available in the Air Pack.
DoW also said that sometime in the future they will release all those cards in a complete pack, any news on that?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am not sure why they felt the need to triplicate the same language on each side - unless the wanted each Field Commander to have it. When they did BattleLore, they did one each of French German and English.

Even with the caveat of covering the French with English cards, we don't have enough to cover all of them.

As far as when new cards are coming out, who knows. I don't like the idea of being forced to buy something else to cover existing expansions. The Air Pack was acceptable because it seemed to catch everything up but I didn't think it would be their plan for the future. But given all the headaches pre-printing all the BattleLore cards in advance, I can understand why they would rather play catch-up then project what it might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Also the Saumur side of the map contains a reference to engineers and requires their medals. These are included in the Terrain Pack. I bought this map and the Op Overlord box thinking I would be covered but sadly no. It seems DoW wants you to buy everything Memoir so that you keep up.
A note for those intending to buy this battle map. To be able to play it as intended by DoW you will need a couple of expansions as well. I assume future maps will use all expansions in some form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

That was the point a lots of us fans were trying to make. The idea wasn't horrible but the execution could have been a little better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.