Hybrid» Forums » News

Subject: Cadwallon Boardgame on the way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Pascalis
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.confrontation.fr/images/stories/confrontation/COM...

Read the announcement, great news. The Okko game rules mentioned... it looks a lot like Hybrid so, it makes me think this could be a Hybrid 2 game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the (dumb?) question... but how Okko is related to Hybrid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, having recently acquired and played a game of Okko, and being pretty familiar with Hybrid, I'll bite.

They're both 2-player, squad-level miniatures games played on a grid map, with a very 'board game' (as opposed to a 'war game') feel. On that level, the games are very similar.

Last year R. said they'd be coming out with a second edition of Hybrid enabling all the races of Aarklash to take part, but since that never materialized, and the games have a similar genre and theme, this would be our Hybrid 2.0 (whether or not this is what was previously planned for the line). Further, setting it in Cadwallon means it'll probably be utilizing the Cadwallon gaming tiles, which were adapted previously for Hybrid.

This sounds pretty cool to me. Okko has some really neat innovations that it brings to the table (though the one game I played didn't go so well- chalk it up to being the basic scenario, with pretty minimal options), and mixing that with some of the neat ideas that Hybrid had, and (hopefully) pairing it with some nice pre-painted plastic miniatures would be a real winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Pascalis
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next year, Rackham (the same company that produced Hybrid) will release a Cadwallon boardgame using the Okko game rules. Since both games: Okko and Hybrid use grid tiles and miniatures, this Cadwallon game is the closest thing as a Hybrid II game. Both, Cadwallon RPG and Hybrid are part of the same game world: Confrontation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raydash wrote:
Next year, Rackham (the same company that produced Hybrid) will release a Cadwallon boardgame using the Okko game rules. Since both games: Okko and Hybrid use grid tiles and miniatures, this Cadwallon game is the closest thing as a Hybrid II game. Both, Cadwallon RPG and Hybrid are part of the same game world: Confrontation.

and sadly this surfaced as an inferior version of what I think was intended for Hybrid as a pretty shallow boardgame with minis. A new company has kickstarter going on. It's horribly expensive and not put together. I'm quite shocked that it is making as much as it is, especially with them being quite with answers until now. We'll see how their kickstarter runs for next year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.