Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Pasquantonio
United States
Millis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately I've been unable to edit pages 2-10 of my QuickBar.

I can add items to open spaces on any of the 10 pages, but I can't edit any page other than page 1. When I view pages 2-10, and click on "QuickBar", I'm brought to the 10 items on page 1, regardless of what page I'm trying to edit.

I'm using IE 6 for the most part, but this is happening with my Opera 9.x browser as well.

*One time* I double-clicked really quickly on the QuickBar tab, and I was able to edit the current page, but I can't replicate that anymore.

I just wanted to know if this is a known bug, or if it's something on my system (everything else on BGG seems to work fine, and everything else on every other active website seems to be working as well).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After reading some earlier posts, I've cleared both my temp cache and my cookies, and the problem remains. I've also updated Java on Windows XP to the latest iteration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Editing My QuickBar
Editing the pages of the QuickBar is working for me. (I.E. 7)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, do you have any anti-spyware running that might be altering the page? After you cleared your cache, did you exit the browser and then come back and try it again? That helps sometimes.

The Quickbar does have a unique way of editing. I don't know if there's a better way to do it, but here's what I stumbled on that works for me...

1. Click the page you want to edit first
2. Click the word "Quickbar" to edit the page you selected in step 1
3. To delete an entry, select the label and the URL and delete them both. You can just highlight the info and hit your DEL key.
4. To add new entries, be sure to type something for both the label and the URL (web address beginning with http://).
5. Be sure to press the Save button!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, here's something else to try. After you select a page, and then hit Quickbar, try hitting F5 or selecting "Refresh" from the menus. I wonder if IE6 isn't recognizing that AJAX has loaded new material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.