Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Trans America: GENE, Brad, Dawn, Jason

The last game of our Halloween night. I can see the Fox Channel special now: "Haunted Rails Across America." There, now I've made it a Halloween game. (Mississippi Queen is as well if you use the zombies from Zombies!!! instead of the Southern Belles, like we did last year.)

While I'm still waiting to be convinced that the results of this game aren't determined by the hands dealt, I'm enjoying it too much to care a whole lot.

In our playings the winner and losers are usually determined by the one bad play each person seems to get in a game. In this one, the leader for the whole game (previous to the last round) ended with a round score of -7 (!!!) and lost it to Gene. Of course that couldn't have happened unless I scored 0,1 in the previous two rounds, since the end rail had been moved up to two in front of me!

By the last two rounds we were playing "Turbo" in which we were placing very fast, and it worked well. The game time listed of 30 minutes is really a maximum, which makes this a game I expect to come out often (at least until someone proves that only your hand matters!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.