Leapfrog – Official 2/3 Player variant
Use if you wish to limit the number of random frogs used the game.
Play is as normal but;
- Instead of 1 frog, each player controls 2 frogs each
(with 2 players there will still be 2 non-player frogs).
- Positions are drawn randomly for team starting positions
(Team 1=1st + 6th, Team 2=2nd + 5th, Team 3=3rd + 4th).
- The frog that finishes in the plate scores nothing for the
final race, but retains its points from the first two races.
- Points are added up for individual frogs before team scores are calculated
i.e. tadpole tokens are specific to the frog that won them.
- For the two-player game, the non-player frogs are not scored,
but still effect finishing positions
(leaving the players to concentrate on each other!).
- The player whose team scores the most points is the winner.
- In the event of a tiebreak, the highest team tadpole count
is declared the winner. If there is still a tie the highest
individual frog finishing position in the final race decides.
Fraser and Gordon Lamont