Popular Tags: [View All]
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
I came back from BGGcon last night, and of course had an absolutely fabulous time. Honestly, this con is simply top notch, I loved it. But that's not why I am making this post.

On my first day at the con, I was looking through the vendor booths, and I came to the one run by LoTech Games. I've never even heard of these folks before, but as I was looking at the shelves, it struck me that the prices were quite reasonable. I asked, and found out that these are a local e-tailer in Dallas who decided they would offer their standard online prices to con attendees!

Now that was cool I thought. I've never been at a con where someone offered online prices. So I picked up a thing or two, but I had only my carry-on and had no idea how to carry stuff back home. Again, LoTech came to the rescue: if I crossed their normal free shipping threshold ($100), they would ship it for free.

Online prices AND free shipping? sign me up!

Then their coolness factor continued rising; I asked if I could reserve a couple of games by putting them aside, because I knew I might end up wanting to add more things as the con progressed. No problem; they took stuff off the shelf and kept it aside for me, with no guarantee that I would perform on the transaction. That included a copy of Dominion, which they would have definitely been able to sell otherwise. But they did it anyway.

But the real kicker came Saturday, when I scored a copy of Wallenstein at the flea market. This game has a HUGE box; I was already figuring out which clothes I was going to try and stuff into my slim computer bag so I could fit it in. On a whim, I went and asked LoTech if they would add the Wallenstein box to the big box they were already shipping to me; they said yes! they would add $2 to the order to cover the added weight, but when they found out I was going to get it shipped to a business address (which is cheaper), they even dropped that charge.

I mean, dear god, how can you not love such customer service?

So thank you thank you thank you Ernie and your lovely wife (whose name I didn't quite catch). You guys managed to positively surprise me so many times I have to give you major kudos. People, I urge you to buy from these nice folks. They... are... awesome. Here: http://www.lotechgames.com/

Oh, did I mention that I got the Fedex shipping notice promptly monday morning, AND a lovely email from Ernie with the greatest tease ever? I bought Twilight Struggle from them, then had the pleasure of having Jason Matthews sign it... oh, the heck with explaining, here is the relevant portion from Ernie's note:

By the way, I noticed that your copy of Twilight Struggle did not have any
shrink wrap on it. To insure that your copy was not tampered with, I
replaced it with a brand new, shrink wrapped copy.
Just kidding, your autograph copy is being sent just as you handed it to me!

Gave me quite a scare there for a moment. Gotta love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope LoTech cleaned up. They rocked. I got more than I expected to pick up at the con thanks to LoTech. Frak ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Sounds like exactly the type of company I'd like to spend my money with. Unfortunately they're out of stock with practically everything I want. I'll throw them in the favorites for future use. Thanks.

Doesn't surprise me; they were picked clean at the con. I think Ernie made like 4 or 5 repeat trips every day to their location (house?) just to get new stuff in to replace what was sold.

Give them a week or two and they will get restocked. Their prices are competitive and their service, at least the way I experienced it, was outstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Sounds like exactly the type of company I'd like to spend my money with. Unfortunately they're out of stock with practically everything I want. I'll throw them in the favorites for future use. Thanks.

Sorry, my bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
lightnng wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Doesn't surprise me; they were picked clean at the con. I think Ernie made like 4 or 5 repeat trips every day to their location (house?) just to get new stuff in to replace what was sold.

Give them a week or two and they will get restocked. Their prices are competitive and their service, at least the way I experienced it, was outstanding.

That's about the long and short of it. I sold out of a lot of items at the con. I corrected my inventory on Sunday and I had an order for more stuff ready by Monday morning. I'll be getting more games in my hands tonight (Tuesday). I will post back on this thread once I have everything checked in and back in stock.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Regards,
Ernie
www.lotechgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, they were both nice! I bought a couple games right off the bat (Formula D and Aquaretto), but didn't meet the $100 threshold. It didn't matter, as I was driving my own car anyway. I'm glad they were there with reasonable (lowest of the con anyway) prices. Thanks! The lady was very patient as I was asking prices on everything on the shelf, practically!

There was only one thing I thought was a little screwy. It was that after being one of their first customers (I shopped as soon as the doors opened Thursday.), I heard that night at the give away, Dirk said "GO visit your vendors! They're giving away geekgold!" I assumed that meant with purchase. So I went and asked them about that the next morning, and they said we're only giving that out to people who "demo" a game, not people who buy them. soblue

What sense does that make? Needless to say, I also had several aborted attempts to demo their games not because of the GG or that I needed it, but because I really wanted to try BSG, Touch 'o evil, etc. It just seemed like a narrow path to riches. It's okay, I guess, they ARE their cards. I was going to buy a new Axis and Allies at the show, but that helped me make the decision to wait. I may still check out their site and pick one up to get the $100 threshold later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I *heart* lotech games. it has become my first choice when shopping online, as long as whatever i'm looking for is in stock. great customer service and quick shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
lightnng wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Ok, I got quite a few products back in stock. Most others are on order and should be arriving in the next week or two. Some new/hot products added are:

Titan
Wasabi!
Municipium

Regards,
Ernie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron N. Tubbs
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've placed three or four orders with LoTech in the last month or two, and have been extremely pleased with the prices and service each time. I ordered RftG: The Gathering Storm, and was shipped the original game by accident; Ernie was very quick to respond to email and send out the correct game, and offered to just let me keep the mistake (I sent it back, not needing another copy of RftG).

I pre-ordered a copy of Pandemic, and the pre-order process worked great when it came in stock; I really like the way the pre-orders are set up, and everything worked perfectly in this case.

I'm relatively new to the hobby, and have only tried a half dozen or so vendors for varying things, but thus far LoTech is the place I first look, and only if they don't have what I'm looking for do I start shopping around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.