1 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Payne
United States
flag msg tools
I introduced a friend to the game with the Pegasus Bridge Scenario. Since the scenario favors the Allies, I had him play them first to hopefully give him the first victory. Oh, how that worked!

His overall strategy was to ignore the Orne Bridge and concentrate his attacks on Pegasus Bridge. He successfully breached the first line of barbwire and began to attack the fortified men behind the sandbags. My men managed to kill off one complete unit when he used a Barrage to blow the men off the map. I moved the infantry unit behind them into the center woods to try to pick off his advance. Ignoring the Orne and the men I had moved into the woods to await his attack, he moved all of his men in the center forward and even around the pond towards Pegasus. I used a Finest Hour to try to stem the flow of men but rolled horribly, only activating one unit. He played a Dig In on his forward infantry and with the reshuffled deck received a Barrage again! His infantry swarmed in as he Barraged my troops in the city next to the bridge and caused their retreat and my final doom as he took the bridge for the victory. His win: 4-1.

We switched sides. I realized that I couldn't lose any units if I was going to win the overall scenario so I played it somewhat cautiously. I started with moving my infantry on the left into the woods and barbwire and moving two infantry units towards the Orne bridge. I consider the Orne pretty easy to take with only two defending infantry units, so I always spend some time attacking it. In a surprise move, he moved his furthest back Orne defender away from the bridge and towards the Pegasus as backup. This tactic gave me the bridge as I was able to move two units in to finish off his lone defending infantry. The battle for Pegasus raged on as he brought his infantry out of the city and on to the bridge to engage my infantry. The forest infantry had moved into the other barbwire removing it, and continued hammering on the sandbag emplacement. He brought my one attacking unit down to one remaining soldier so I judiciously retreated him back as the forest infantry finished off the sandbag. An airstrike retreated his bridge infantry back off of it and I moved in my full strength squads. The end was imminent as he tried to fortify his rearmost infantry and Orne reinforcements into the woods. He left the bridge open one turn too long as I moved my infantry unit in to capture and for the win. My win: 4-0
Final score: 5-4, my victory.

We both really enjoyed playing and went on later to play Sword Beach. The best part is that I now have another partner to play with!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.