Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joee Zellweger
Canada
Thunder Bay
ON
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, we've just about finished our new game "Coaster Junkies" I have a copy of the rules lol 1 page and I'm going to post tem for some proof reading. Please let me know any problems you see or ask any questions about the game. Constructive criticism is key.

Also If anyone can think of some stuff you could do to NOT get siick on a rollercoaster plz post

Thanks in advance guys

COASTER JUNKIE RULES

Contents

1 rules book
1 game board
1 1st player piece
8 player pieces
6 6 sided dice
20 coaster cards
70 action cards

How to Win

The object of the game is to be the person with the least nauseau after the final ride stage.

Game Setup

All players will choose a player piece and randomly choose a person to be the first player. Starting with the first player, deal out all coaster cards to the players. After all coaster cards are dealt out, all players are dealt 3 action cards. In a clockwise order, players place coaster cards face down on the game board starting in the first
slot and going in order from one to ten until all slots are filled. After all coaster spaces are filled the players discard the rest of the coaster cards and the first ride stage is ready to begin.

Ride Stages

Each ride stage is composed of 3 rounds. The revealing, card playing, and the roll.

Revealing round: The first player flips the coaster card for the appropriate ride stage. If the card has any directions then the players follow them right away. This is also where players may play any cards that state "at the beginning of the ride stage".

Card playing round: Starting with the first player and continuing clockwise, players may play a card on themselves, any opponent (unless a card says otherwise) or pass. Once a player has passed they may not play another card this round. Players continue to go around the table playing card or passing until all players have passed.

The Roll: The first player adds up any negatives and positives that are affecting them and compares that to the G Force on the coaster card of the current ride stage. The player then rolls a die to try to tie or beat the G Force. If a player rolls a 1 it is an automatic fail even if the player would pass with the positives played on them. If a player fails their roll they gain 1 on the nausea track (certain cards or ride stages may make a player gain more than 1 nausea if they fail).

Nausea Track

The nausea track is located in the middle of the game board. Players place their pieces on the 0 space at the beginning of the game. Whenever a player gains nausea they move their piece by the number they gain. If any player reaches 10 nausea through out the game, the current ride stage ends immediately and the end ride stage is played. Any player who is at 10 on the nausea track may continue to playe cards on opponents but will not make a roll since they are already too sick to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get more cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some things which are almost clear but should be mentioned, like the suggested number of players (2-8, I guess), and who wins. Also I guess "compares to the G force" means subtract from the G force and the player tries to tie or beat that value.

Right now I can't see the point of being able to play when one cannot win. Do the players compete for the second place? If so, then it should also be mentioned here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joee Zellweger
Canada
Thunder Bay
ON
flag msg tools
mb
Ahh yes the more cards. I forgot that after the roll each player draws 1 card

we're looking at 3-8 yes. Also the winner is the person who has the least nausea at te end of the game we've played about 10 games and not once has there ever been a tie. There has been close games however that were decided on the last roll sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.