Subject: Declare ascending/descending after an initial double? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I play a 5 for my first green and then another 5 for my second. The English translation seems to indicate that I must now pick and declare whether I am ascending or descending at this point.

I would prefer if you were only locked in to ascending or descending after playing a card that made it explicit. This means that the players can tell the state of play by just looking at the cards. No requirement to remember what someone said.

Is this more clearly stated in the official rules (as opposed to the English translation I got from BGG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, you have to declare the order after playing a card that made it explicit if you want to place your cards in an ascending or descending order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received the game and the variant states only that once a different card is placed onto the previous path card(s) that you then obviously have to follow the sequence either in ascending or descending values. I think the "declaring" may have been misunderstood and not necessary, and besides keeping quiet as to which way you are heading will keep everyone in a delicious dilemma of where to go or what to discard.

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The German rules for Keltis state that the direction (ascending/descending) is determined by the second card played in a row, and when equal is determined by the third card in the row. There is no mention of declaring the direction, and there is no reason to do so.
It gives a player the possibility to leave his opponents in doubt as to which direction he will be playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.