Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As my fiancée always wanted me to teach her chess, after reading the reviews I'm intrigued about this game... Should it be worth? Am I wasting my time?

So, before commiting to buy this, I'd like to know the action card list in order to try-before-buying. How many Castles? How many Knights?... The 56 cards surely must have some logical distribution...

Thanks in advance for posting the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Martin, Jr.
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got this after seeing it on BGG and reading the rules on the publisher's website. I already knew chess, but it looked handy for teaching new players, and its Advanced Game rules seemed an interesting alternative.

For fun, I tried guessing what the distribution might be beforehand and came up with: 6 Same Type (stated in the rules); 4 ea. K & Q; 8 ea. R, B, & N; and 18 P. The actual cards turned out to be: 6 Same Type, 7 K; 8 ea. Q, R, B, & N; and 11 P (pretty obviously better balanced when you think about it blush ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klangen Farben
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
Thanks for that info.

I have wanted to do a mock-up of the game for some years and this was the last piece of info I needed before I could see if I (or several of my friends with young kids) wanted to spend the few discretionary bucks we have most months.

I founded the chess club at my college three decades ages 15-50(?), not small kids (yet, at any rate). I'm back in competitive tournament play, and instruction always helps my performance, and playing games with kids is good fun especially when the rules seriously ameliorate my vast tested, experiential advantage.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.