Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few days waiting for approval I'm here to provide you with the first Raid Encounter for WoW Minis!

Hogger the Gnoll is infamous to those who play the online computer game! One of the first group quests in Elwynn Forest. Now you can tackle Hogger offline too!

I've posted some basic rules in the file:

a side note, if you don't want a 3rd party controlling Hogger here are some additional rules:

Hogger attacks the person who has done the most damage to him so far OR the last person to cast a healing spell. For the purposes of both criteria being met, Healing takes priority. Hogger moves 2 spaces towards that target and then attacks.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/36842

Update:
A newer version of the card is nearly done, with better graphics! (less jaggies!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hogger cannot be defeated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Hogger cannot be defeated...

Which is why he respawns after 4 ticks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's great!
Thumbed and tipped the file.

Question: I assume the players are also fighting each other while fighting Hogger? In other words, the VP doesn't just come from Hogger, but from enemy kills too, and you need to kill Hogger the most recently in order to qualify for victory. Is that correct?
(EDIT: Ahh, I just saw that Hogger gives no honor. Didn't read close enough. That clears up my question, but have you tried it with him counting as 4 VP like normal? Lord knows he's hard enough to kill... or maybe just 2VP?)

Also, I really like the idea of including unambiguous "auto-play" rules for NPC figures in the game. You should print those right on the Hogger character sheet to make it all-inclusive!

You really have my imagination going with this one. There's all sorts of neat WoW Mini scenario opportunities out there!

(EDIT: One more question ... for the purposes of wording on the card abilities, does Hogger count as an enemy for every player character? There are many abilities that apply to allies only ... like healing abilities. Come to think of it, it would be very cool to try to heal Hogger as your enemy is trying to kill it, so you can swoop in for the kill. I don't think that would be a clean ruling though. It's probably better just to make him an enemy to all.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'NPC' rules will be on the updated version which I will be uploading momentarily.

I will clarify the 'enemy' bit as well (also on the new version):

In regards to abilities, Hogger is considered an 'enemy'.

Epic version: Hogger may be the target of friendly abilities. friendly actions taken do not reduce the 'threat' for a given mini. You can't heal your way out of him attacking you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Hortick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm also very intrigued by the idea of autoplay NPCs. It makes the rules a little wonky, especially since the CR is still very early in its development, but those can be hashed out pretty simply I think.

Looks great! I just may give this a shot this weekend with some friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.