Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When a ghost haunts a tile they IMMEDIATELY move back onto the card, right? It seems a little silly to even have a new space for him to move to if he just gets chucked back onto the card without having to wait a turn, but that's what it sounded like in the rules.

2. When a player is resurrected their board remains possessed, correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
1. You're right.
2. I don't think so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
1. You're right.
2. I don't think so.


That's right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mey-ying Kao
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesechick wrote:
1. When a ghost haunts a tile they IMMEDIATELY move back onto the card, right? It seems a little silly to even have a new space for him to move to if he just gets chucked back onto the card without having to wait a turn, but that's what it sounded like in the rules.

Yes, the ghost haunts a tile and then u put the figurine back onto the card (in the same turn)

The cycle is: When a ghost with haunting ability in center stone comes into play, place the figurine on the card. Next turn place the figurine onto the board, Turn after that the ghost haunts a tile and the figurine is put back onto the card etc.

Cheesechick wrote:
2. When a player is resurrected their board remains possessed, correct?

My instinct would say the board would be normal (not possessed) again, since the player is back to life with 2 qi. But I'm not entirely sure.

I do know that if you play with less than 4 players (and therefore have so called neutral boards into play), if a neutral board loses all of its qi, it can't be resurrected, because the cemetery only affects real players and not boards, so the board will remain possessed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But aren't the neutral players in play? Like the actual figurines? If not, what would be the point of giving them their colored tokens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Cheesechick wrote:
2. When a player is resurrected their board remains possessed, correct?


Nope, only a neutral board remains possessed when it fall to 0 Qi (because a neutral board cannot gain Qi token.
If a taosit is ressurected, he collect 2 Qi from the bank and his board is no longer possessed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cutesnottie wrote:
Cheesechick wrote:
1. When a ghost haunts a tile they IMMEDIATELY move back onto the card, right? It seems a little silly to even have a new space for him to move to if he just gets chucked back onto the card without having to wait a turn, but that's what it sounded like in the rules.

Yes, the ghost haunts a tile and then u put the figurine back onto the card (in the same turn)

The cycle is: When a ghost with haunting ability in center stone comes into play, place the figurine on the card. Next turn place the figurine onto the board, Turn after that the ghost haunts a tile and the figurine is put back onto the card etc.


I thought that if a ghost had the haunting ability only on the center stone, he doesn't get a ghost put on the card immediately... it went onto the card on the next turn? So if a ghost with the haunting ability comes up on the leftmost stone, he starts with a figure on the card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesechick wrote:
cutesnottie wrote:
Cheesechick wrote:
1. When a ghost haunts a tile they IMMEDIATELY move back onto the card, right? It seems a little silly to even have a new space for him to move to if he just gets chucked back onto the card without having to wait a turn, but that's what it sounded like in the rules.

Yes, the ghost haunts a tile and then u put the figurine back onto the card (in the same turn)

The cycle is: When a ghost with haunting ability in center stone comes into play, place the figurine on the card. Next turn place the figurine onto the board, Turn after that the ghost haunts a tile and the figurine is put back onto the card etc.


I thought that if a ghost had the haunting ability only on the center stone, he doesn't get a ghost put on the card immediately... it went onto the card on the next turn? So if a ghost with the haunting ability comes up on the leftmost stone, he starts with a figure on the card?

I think you are mixing it up with the buddha where when you get a buddha figurine, you can't place it until next turn.
Check the quick reference card next to the haunt symbol it says:
"Haunter: Place a haunting figurine on the card when the ghost arrive."
Its not exactly proper grammer, but the point is clear. When the ghost arrives, you put the figure on the card.
The turn after, it (the figure) moves up; the turn after, it move up, haunts and flips a villager, and returns to card. (this is all assuming that nothing changes this, for instance, some ghosts start on the 1st spot in front of the card).
If you've been playing the way you said, you've been playing an easier game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow we have been playing easier. And we still haven't won! Oh man.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.