Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son (5) will be opening this for his birthday tonight. My wife called me to tell me I should pick up batteries for it, but she can't tell what kind it uses (German printing). Does anyone know offhand?

I just bought the game from BoardsandBits.com if that helps for identifying the version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
(2) AA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. We should be spending the Thanksgiving holiday protecting our chickens from a lunatic pilot and rescuing our baby wolverines from swamp vultures (he's getting Gulo Gulo as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an excellent pair of games! My youngsters (now 6, 8, and 13) still enjoy both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Firth
Australia
Greenwood
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
(2) AA

Hmm, I have no idea whether sizes of batteries are constant between countries or if different versions of Loopin' Louie use different batteries but I bought a (probably fairly old) copy of this game from a 2nd hand shop about 2 weeks ago and it takes a C battery. In Australia AA are skinny and C are fat (and D fatter still).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Firth
Australia
Greenwood
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rynelf wrote:
That's an excellent pair of games! My youngsters (now 6, 8, and 13) still enjoy both of them.

My 4yr old likes Gulo Gulo but haven't started the 2yr old on it yet. They still haven't seen Loopin Louie yet as we are having too much fun with it as an adult's game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hmm, I have no idea whether sizes of batteries are constant between countries or if different versions of Loopin' Louie use different batteries but I bought a (probably fairly old) copy of this game from a 2nd hand shop about 2 weeks ago and it takes a C battery. In Australia AA are skinny and C are fat (and D fatter still).

I can only answer the battery part of that question-- In the US, the AA, C, and D batteries match your description and I've purchased batteries in Europe that worked the same way as well.

The question about different versions of the game is pretty critical to the birthday boy, that's for sure.

The version sold on Firebox U.K. lists AA batteries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.