Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sat. night, my friend Ben came over and we got in a game of both CoH:AtB and TS. We started with CoH and i found it to be a fun lil wargame, then we moved on to TS. I was the US and after getting a look at my first hand, I couldn't help but smile. 7 of my events and red scare/purge. How could i lose with an opening like that? I jumped out to the early lead, but couldn't hold it. Ben was on fire and able to counter almost everything I did. The game was back and forth throughout the mid war. He managed to get Asia through good use of the Korean War card and strategic influence placing. The Middle East started off even, but i could barely keep a foothold in there by the end. Europe was contested the whole game. He managed to take most of it, but couldn't get into West Germany. Africa was barely mine, while the Americas were firmly in my control. Coming into the late war, I saw a chance to snatch a fast victory. I got Wargames in my first late war hand with 6 VP's. All i needed was 1 vp and a battleground coup, and the game was mine. By the end of the first action round, my hopes had been crushed. He scored 8 points in 2 rounds. My confidence took a large hit. I was hanging on for dear life over the next 2 turns. The last round comes and I'm in trouble. Only half my cards were even playable without crippling myself. On the 3rd action round, Ben played Chernobyl, allowing me to get enough influence into Poland to make it neutral. That ended up saving me. I ended up winning by a single point in 1 of the most intense games of TS I've ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luck is a fickle mistress! Good report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.