Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S S
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have a question about the special "seventh" stack - the cards that were set aside at the beginning of the game. e.g. for Politics and Intrigue - the 2 Town Hall cards and the 2 Church cards.

In this example, is either player able to build the Town Hall or Church on their turn whenever they wish? Or is there really a face-down "stack" that must be drawn from?

I understand that each player may only build one of each type of card in this extra stack. I am guessing that this rule wasn't meant to apply to the Citadels in the Wizards and Dragons expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy them whenever you wish, on your turn, assuming you have the prerequisites. Leave them face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
And, yes, you may buy more than one Citadel. I don't think the rules address this, but I assume Citadels are like Cities: you can always take one if they are avaialable, regardless of how many your opponent has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may buy multiple Citadels. The rule is that you may not have two Citadels next to each other (there must be at least one Settlement or City between).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.