8 Posts

Formula D» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does car have to exit pitlane and enter garage during pitstop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While taking a look and going over the rules of Formula D a friend and I got in an argument over the pitstop rules (Rules for Beginners).

He said that the car only has to stop on the pitlane. I argued that the car has to have one additional number remaining and ENTER the pit. The next turn the player can roll the die and leave the pit (as shown on the arrows on the board pitlane for entering/exiting the pits).

What is the interpretation for the pitstop rule (Rules for Beginners)?

Thanks!
-Patroclus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being that you are not allowed to actually take your pit stop in the middle of the pit lane, you are correct. In your example, you would need one more movement point to enter the actual pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You don't need the exact number to enter the pit, but you need to move enough spaces to actually enter your pit (i.e., the pit of your color).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess I would've gotten that one wrong, too. Thanks. As long as we're here, when it says that the maximum speed for leaving is 4th gear, does that mean you have to have come in in 3rd or higher (as you can only normally change up one gear)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In French the rules say "Il n’y a aucune limitation de vitesse pour entrer dans la case de son stand." The English translations is "There is no speed limit in the pit lanes", but a more accurate translation would be "There is no speed limit to enter in the space of your pit", and even that would not account for the fact that "vitesse" is "speed" but also "gear". Long story short, no, you don't have to enter the pit with a specific gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter what gear you enter the pit in (or how many spaces you overshoot it) as long as you get there. And you leave in 4th or lower no matter what gear you entered in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Well, I guess I would've gotten that one wrong, too. Thanks. As long as we're here, when it says that the maximum speed for leaving is 4th gear, does that mean you have to have come in in 3rd or higher (as you can only normally change up one gear)?

We were getting it wrong until i realized that my pitstop/garage was past my opponents pitstop/garage. i realized that if my bud pitted his car and i was directly behind him then with the pitlane being only one lane wide it would force me to stop right behind him and lose a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.