Subject: Event Cards Special Abilities Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Bielcik
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Who gets to use the Event Card special ability? It looks as though there are no parameters except that the player with the "balance token" gets to use it before his opponent, if he wants to, because he draws first.

When the special ability is used and the card is discarded, are the card's victory Points deducted from the score card of the player who used the special ability?

Referring to the "Live Benefit" card: Why would I want to discard this card to "recruit the group on top of the discard pile"? It wouldn't help me to win an "objective" as the "objective" card is discarded and there would no longer be any "objective" to win. I have pretty much the same question about the "Nuclear Escalation" card. If I destroy the "objective" in the process of destroying all of the Military Group cards it doesn't seem that I've gained anything because there's no longer an "objective".

Thanks

Gunhawk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know that event cards are "fought" for like any other card? Consequently, whoever "wins" it gets to use it. They don't just "activate" when drawn.

which should answer your other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bielcik
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GeneSteeler wrote:
You do know that event cards are "fought" for like any other card? Consequently, whoever "wins" it gets to use it. They don't just "activate" when drawn.

which should answer your other questions.

I must have misunderstood something in the rules. Are you saying that if I claim the objective card like any other objective card that I am allowed to use the card to activate the special effect in some later turn? For instance, if I claim the "Live Benefit" Objective card during the Debriefing Phase of Turn 1, I can use the "special ability" during the Influence Struggle Phase of any later turn?

That all seems correct. Then if I use the card's "special ability" the card is discarded so I no longer retain the points won for that objective and I remove the points from my score. Right?

Gunhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. Those cards are only worth 5 points, so there are often times where it's worthwhile to lose those points later in the game to gain an advantage when fighting for a more valuable card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.