Captain Ahar
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I would love to just use the search tool built into the site, but i don't know enough about the game to narrow it down very far.

it would have been manufactured some time in the 1980's.

the game was set in the city, and had various landmarks around the board (park, etc.)

the game ran on a timer. similar to a chess-timer, but in the shape of a clock-tower. looked like a government building (city hall maybe).

i remember that there was an old woman on the box, also played into the graphics on the board.

unfortunately, i don't recall anything about the actual play rules.

if anyone can recall anything about this game in particular or any possible matches i would really appreciate it. i'm thinking of trying to track down a copy and give it to my brother as a gift. we reminisce from time to time about the game, and i think it would make a nice surprise.

thanks a lot for any help you can provide
captain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it Fun City Game?

It has a kind of timer that is the Bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ahar
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
you sir are a genius. that is exactly it.

some details i don't remember but the clocktower is exactly the same. i remember those little chimney things as the buttons.

DD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in Michigan are you Captain? I know of a thrift store with a copy of Fun City that I could pick up for you and ship, or you could pick it up, if you're in SE Michigan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ahar
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
do you know if it is complete?

pieces, instructions, the whole shebang?

how much?

also i'm in grand rapids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captain_ahar wrote:
do you know if it is complete?
Don't know, but I could check. This is pending that it's still there, but it's been there for a while now, so I don't think it would be gone.

captain_ahar wrote:
how much?
Probably about $2-4, plus whatever shipping would be, perhaps around $5.

captain_ahar wrote:
also i'm in grand rapids.
Ah, so unless you're going to be in Ann Arbor soon, I'll try to pick it up for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ahar
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
thanks dude, just send me a message when you get some more information, and maybe we can hammer out some details.

thanks
captain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
Where in Michigan are you Captain? I know of a thrift store with a copy of Fun City that I could pick up for you and ship, or you could pick it up, if you're in SE Michigan.

And with this, a beautiful story ensues...

Jeremiah, you rock! When next I'm in Ann Arbor, you and I should meet. (I hear Protospiel is back in Ann Arbor! Yay!)

This is what our community is all about.

Happy holidays, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up today, I checked the components (with the exception of counting the 70-some cards), and it was complete.I'll count the cards now that I'm home.

It was $1.81, so whatever shipping will be, add that on.

Quote:
And with this, a beautiful story ensues...

Jeremiah, you rock! When next I'm in Ann Arbor, you and I should meet. (I hear Protospiel is back in Ann Arbor! Yay!)

This is what our community is all about.

Yeah, I'd be happy to have a BGG visitor, I have plenty of games to play (unsurprisingly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is complete, and in really good condition. All 76 cards are there. Even a bonus flower eraser thingee (some kid's missing that, I'm sure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.