Thumb up
1 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Personal Largest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neal Roberts
flag msg tools
I must say, I have been inspired by the likes of the Prezcon Mega Carcassonne event happening later this month. The idea of playing such a large game of Carcassonne is, although somewhat scary in its time-consumingness, appealing.

As such I have made it a personal goal to seek out ways of playing larger and larger games of Carcassonne.

Currently I own all the regular Carcassonne expansions available for wide in Canada, and due to some well-intentioned gifts, I recieve a few duplicate copies. Not that I am complaining, I do enjoy the added tiles, not to mention I am worry free about misplacing a pig or two.

I now have the chance to play, possibly, the largest game of carcassonne ever. A friend and I have arranged to meet at the Vancouver Airport whilst I am on a layover, and she will be bringing her copies of Carcasonne.

So we will have, on hand, for our game:

Carcassonne- 72 tiles x 2 copies = 144 tiles
The River- 12 tiles x 2 copies = 24 tiles
Inns and Catherdrals- 18 tiles x 3 = 54 tiles
Traders and Builders- 24 tiles x 2 = 48 tiles
King and Scout- 5 tiles x 1 = 5 tiles
The Count- 12 tiles x 1 = 12 tiles

So 287 tiles... Far short of the 5000+ for the world record, but it should be fun none the less...

We have already agreed that the two rivers will flow away from the city of Carcassonne in opposing direction (most likely from the market and the cathedral) and we have agreed that meeples will not be placed until after the rivers are completed (which will probibly lead to quite the scramble for the farms that will be created). (Go House Rules, Go!)

We will be playing mostly basic rules, with the exception of big meeple being in play, and possibly the count, althoughIm not particularly keen on that one...

Does anyone else have experience playing the larger Carc games, and would be willing to offer advice as to what varients to add, and what house rules to enforce (if you'd also like to offer up the number of tiles included in your personal largest game, I think it would be interesting to compare)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.