Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
I've had it. yuk

Ok, I made a wish list on B&B several months ago but I never pulled the trigger on the order because some games weren't in stock. I figured I would wait to see when those games would be back in inventory. Well, that didn't work out so good because as soon as one game came back in another was sold out. I decided to just place my order.

On the checkout page there was a note that said to contact B&B about those games that were out of stock. They were "Bohnanza" and "Hey! That's My Fish!". So, I shot B&B an email asking to ship the games whenever they come in.

Then Tom from B&B responded back and explained that "Bohnanza" would be back soon and that "Hey! That's My Fish!" was out of print but a deluxe version would be published soon. Good to know. So I responded back and then so did Tom. He said that I could email him whenever I want to force the shippment if I did not want to wait for the games.

I was not sure how to proceed or what to expect. Let me tell you what I was not expecting, the very next day I recieved and email with a tracking number saying that my order was shipped. Wait, what? How in the world...? Did they get both...? I quickly searched for the order details and sure enough both games were listed as shipped. Wow. I was stunned.

So I've had it. I am done with all this quick, friendly, and outstanding service. B&B, you've got yourself a repeat cutomer for life. For better or worse, till death do us part.

Thanks so very much again Tom,
Rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike christiansen
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricky, I'm totally with you. I'm so tired of these dousches shipping quickly to me and responding to my emails right away. Its like they enjoy doing business with me or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's Rudy , and have a thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
This should be in the Hot Deals section. Don't make me tell you again, or I'll send a team of Italian gangsters to your home to beat the snot out of you until you can understand the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Isaac, have you ever given thought to selling games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom over at boards and bits is great and provides excellent service. Now it sound like he has surpassed excellence and moved on to Super Stupendous.

Way to go Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike christiansen
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
It's Rudy , and have a thumb.

Indeed it is, Ricky...cool and thumb you too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom is a total bastard. A rat bastard.

He also has a ton of my cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me tell you something I just can't believe... it almost sickens me (with joy).

My order of wasabi was staged for shipping and I wanted to get another game in the order. I placed the order then called Tom directly.

Can you believe he had the AUDACITY to say he would make sure it got in the order even though it was getting ready to ship? How dare you make it a nicer shopping experience? How dare you make me feel like I'm cheating on you when I buy games elsewhere because you're such a good store.

I will never stop using B&B. They are truly the best and the customer service is OUTSTANDING.

Thank you Tom. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. The only reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought, "How could anyone possibly have a rant about Boards and Bits?!?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
Haha. The only reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought, "How could anyone possibly have a rant about Boards and Bits?!?"

Me too!!

Thanks everyone!

Tom (& Ben)
Boards & Bits
www.boardsandbits.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! My favorite online retailer by far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
My favorite B&B story: I place an order which qualifies for free shipping. In that order are two items which are out of stock. A few days later my wife decides I need to order Agricola as a gift for a friend. I order it, then asked about combining orders.

Not only did Tom & co combine the order, they shipped everything onhand immediately and applied my Agricola shipping charge against my pre-orders with nary a fuss.

Saying they go above and beyond is really an understatement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
i was wondering what b&b did wrong as well...

b&b is my fave FOGS, great service, great prices and quick shipping to socal, and b&b has lots of my money because of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Utah BGGer
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that one of my coworkers uses "rant" in the same manner. I, on the other hand, would call this a "rave".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
Haha. The only reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought, "How could anyone possibly have a rant about Boards and Bits?!?".k

Hehe, gotcha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have a note in my wishlist that I keep on amazon.com, directing people to purchase any of the boardgames at boardsandbits.com instead. My mother and my brother both put an order in for my birthday and talked about how great the service was and how nice it was to save a few bucks.

Thanks for running a great store, Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom is absolutely amazing. He has me as his customer for life too. I emailed him about a game that is out of stock. And because I needed it urgently before his restock comes in, he offered me a copy which I believe is his personal copy. WOW :)

Not to mention that his prices are great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
I actually have a note in my wishlist that I keep on amazon.com, directing people to purchase any of the boardgames at boardsandbits.com instead. My mother and my brother both put an order in for my birthday and talked about how great the service was and how nice it was to save a few bucks.

Thanks for running a great store, Tom.

Thats a great idea, I never thought about putting my wishlist games on my Amazon wishlist.
djflippy wrote:

Same for me lol. I really like Boards and Bits. They are fast becoming my favorite place to order now that thoughthammer is jacking the prices up.

I had an order on B&B with a pre-order attached of a game that took a few months to arrive. During that time I added and deleted games on that order a number of times and they always did it very fast and courteously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Rush City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thing happen. I needed an out of stock game for my Secret Santa so my husband has ordered with B&B before, I figured I'd ask him about the time frame for the games. He said he would be able to get me one of them before Christmas. I was nervous about it but I thought,OK. No one else had the games either. THE NEXT DAY I get an email the game was being shipped. Truly remarkable. I was very grateful. (And now very loyal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, when I saw the subject line, I was prepared to be shocked. Glad I was mistaken. Boards and Bits really is the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christopher
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom is hands down the absolute best. I've been shopping Boards & Bits since they were here in the Seattle area--and never once had a bad experience.

Tom is always available to return emails and phone calls, and he does everything in his power to provide us all with the games we crave at the lowest price possible.

Once, I asked if he would be getting certain items in stock, and he told me that they had already arrived but had not been added to the site yet. He allowed me to get my hands on them even before they were posted for sale!

Tom, I will ALWAYS be your biggest fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dathkadan wrote:
Tom, I will ALWAYS be your biggest fan!

I don't know Michael... several 100's or even 1000's of geeks would beg to differ with you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Trescot
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits rules - As a WA state resident, I also came to this thread looking to have words. Looks like we're all on the same page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.