Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Kumpf
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a small question about the Destruction Tokens: When you draw an even that correlates with a timed Destruction Token when exactly does the +10/+15 start from? The current time the event happened or the Ghost Time Marker?

Also, one more question popped into my head: You can only move once correct? As in, I can not move, pump water, move fix engine, etc. I can only move twice if the room is flooded or on fire, in which case I must move correct?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been doing it +10/+15 from the current position of the ghost time marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it makes more sense to do it from the space that made you draw the event. The event occurred at that time, not necessarily at the time your gnome finished whatever he was doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DuckAndCower wrote:
I think it makes more sense to do it from the space that made you draw the event. The event occurred at that time, not necessarily at the time your gnome finished whatever he was doing.

This is correct:

Rules wrote:
Some events call for Destruction tokens to be placed on the Time Track. The appropriate Destruction token is placed relative
to the space with the Event Marker that caused the Event Card to be drawn, either 10 or 15 spaces in the future, as specified
on the Event Card.

You can make multiple move actions:

Rules wrote:
To move, the player carries out the following three steps as many times as he wishes before moving on to the Action Phase:
Open a hatch (1m)1.
Reflow water (0m)2.
Enter a room (optional; 0-1m)
3. or
Leave the sub (1m)

Edit: However, you can only take one action per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is Moving through a room 0-1m? When is it 0? When is it 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Enter a Room (p9/10) Ordinarily, it takes 0 min to enter a room but the conditions inside the room could effect the time it takes or whether you are able to enter at all unless some preconditions are met:

1) Room is clear - 0 min,
2) Room is on fire - must have played Fire Extinguisher and/or Grog,
3) Room is fully flooded (high water marker) - no entry possible (although why you couldn't go in with an aqualung is not clear),
4) Room is partialy flooded (low water marker) - takes 1 min.

And, even after having opened (or pried open) a hatch, you may not wish to immediately enter (say you wanted to reflood first so you can go in afterward), so the movement in is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Destruction Token at 0m ???
From the rules:
Quote:
If the space where the marker should be placed would be beyond the "Rescued!" space, the Destruction token is not placed and the disaster is avoided - hurray!
If all players’ Time Keepers pass a Destruction token on the Time Track, the game ends immediately and is lost.

Yesterday it happened: one event at 10m triggered a +10 destruction token (missile countdown, I think)...

So according to the rules, you have to place the destruction token at 0m, but even if you don't fix it no one is going to pass the token. It was a 4-player game, with only 3 gnomes surviving the last 10m, and there was no way to go and fix the missile countdown (room flooded surrounded by rooms on fire and blocked hatches).

The 3 gnomes reached 0m, the events didn't destroy the sub, though the missile countdown was still there (without timers going beyond)... I thought we won, but I'm not 100% sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.