Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Final score 27-27-27.

This was a game I played on BSW.

I using the Chapel to streamline my deck. It was going a little slowly, because I unluckily didn't draw the Chapel at the same time as my Coppers and Estates much. One of the other players managed to pick up the first Province with what looked like a lucky draw. He drew a few extra cards and payed with mostly Silvers.

Eventually I started drawing a lot of cards with Villages, Throne Rooms, and Council Rooms, and was able to draw my whole deck most turns, and have actions left and extra buys. So each turn I Chapelled as many cards as I could. One turn I bought two Golds, another turn a Province and a Gold, and another turn two Provinces. I now had four of the first six Provinces, but there were two Coppers I couldn't get rid of.

Of course all this Throne Rooming Council Rooms lets my opponents play with 7- or 8- card hands, and they also easily bought Provinces (though not two).

Unfortunately on my last turn the only action cards I drew were a Throne Room and a Council Room. Sure, that's not bad. I can draw eight more cards. The only problem is that I don't have any actions left after that. With a deck of mostly action cards, there was a good chance I would draw mostly cards I couldn't use. Still, I decided to take a chance. With only two Provinces left, I might not get another turn anyway. It was win or lose, I thought. If I didn't get a Province, I would have given enough cards to my opponents that they would almost surely each be able to buy one.

I drew mostly action cards as I expected. Fortunately I did get 5 money, so I bought a Duchy. The other two players quickly bought Provinces and ended the game.

In the end, each of us had 4 Provinces. They had not been using the Chapel and had kept their Estates. I had trashed my Estates, but the value of the Duchy exactly made up for them. The final score was 27 for each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
did you all get equal turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
did you all get equal turns?

I guess so. BSW said we were all winners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Bailey
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morningstar wrote:
With only two Provinces left, I might not get another turn anyway. It was win or lose, I thought. If I didn't get a Province, I would have given enough cards to my opponents that they would almost surely each be able to buy one.

Do you think they'd have been able to get them both without any help from your Council Rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.