Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Perdue
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
RESEARCH=
you buy researchers, roll for the target numbers, discard successful researchers, and keep the unsuccessful for next turn.
IS THIS CORRECT? Now you dont just throw the money away?
The rules were not very clear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You purchase tokens.
Roll one die for each token you have.

If ANY is successful, discard ALL of them. Investment paid off.

If none of the are successful, hang on to them for next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Moody
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
You buy one research token for every 5 IPC you spend on buying research tokens.
You roll one die for each research token you have (the ones you bought this turn plus any you may have had from the previous turn).
If *any* of those dice is a '6', you discard *all* of the research tokens then roll *once* on either table.
If *none* of those dice is a '6', you keep all of the research tokens and get to roll again next turn.

Hope this helps,

DonMoody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell from the thread title that this is the most important thread ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
dbuel wrote:
I can tell from the thread title that this is the most important thread ever.

Heh.

@the original poster:

Please stop creating threads whose titles are all in CAPS LOCK.

IT'S VERY ANNOYING AND NOT COOL. IT WONT GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED ANY FASTER EITHER.

OK, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Perdue
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I was unaware it was posting in all caps. Sorry if this offended your sensitive nature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Markeedeesade wrote:
I was unaware it was posting in all caps. Sorry if this offended your sensitive nature.

Really? So while you were posting, it just so happened to go in and out of caps?

Perhaps you can just edit it instead of inserting more sarcasm into your post? You made a mistake, just fix it; don't compound it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Perdue
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I can be as sarcastic as I like. If you dont like it, too bad. GFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Perdue
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
And is it ok for other people to be sarcastic? IS IT? Why dont you go and monitor every person who is sarcastic on here. AND your post was sarcastic too. So what does that make you? Better than others that you can be sarcastic while chastising others? And what is your cross for? By your post you certainly dont act like a christian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cockerilll
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheez you two. We play games for fun. I thought this was Axis! Everybody needs to nut it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cannella
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You purchase tokens.

ok...so if you remain unsuccessful throughout the whole game in rolling a 6, do you hold on to the tokens throughout the whole game? i did not see any literature that says to "give up"the tokens after 2 failed turns for research development...i played tonight, and 3 powers only bought one token..and only one rolled a 6 (then subsequently a 5) but more to the point, the other 2 powers kept rolling everything but a 6 and held onto the one token they bought throughout the whole game..is this legit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
ItaliaSPQR wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You purchase tokens.

ok...so if you remain unsuccessful throughout the whole game in rolling a 6, do you hold on to the tokens throughout the whole game? i did not see any literature that says to "give up"the tokens after 2 failed turns for research development...i played tonight, and 3 powers only bought one token..and only one rolled a 6 (then subsequently a 5) but more to the point, the other 2 powers kept rolling everything but a 6 and held onto the one token they bought throughout the whole game..is this legit?

That's spot on (although the power that rolled the 6 wouldn't have been able to subsequently roll a 5 unless they'd paid 5 IPC to buy another researcher, as as soon as you roll a 6 you have to hand all of your researchers back in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ItaliaSPQR wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You purchase tokens.

ok...so if you remain unsuccessful throughout the whole game in rolling a 6, do you hold on to the tokens throughout the whole game? i did not see any literature that says to "give up"the tokens after 2 failed turns for research development.

Yeah, you hang on to them until you are successful. I did not mean to imply "only" hang on for them until the next turn. I just meant you keep them for next turn. When you are on the next turn, roll them again. If they are successful, discard all of them. If not, again hang on to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cannella
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
ItaliaSPQR wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You purchase tokens.

That's spot on (although the power that rolled the 6 wouldn't have been able to subsequently roll a 5 unless they'd paid 5 IPC to buy another researcher, as as soon as you roll a 6 you have to hand all of your researchers back in).

no what i meant was..he rolled his one die, and got a 6. he then picked chart 2, and subsequently rolled the "5th" development on the chart via a 5 on the die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, my ears!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.