Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm sorry to post this, its really lame, but I searched every way I know.

Someone did a GeekList about how telling a favorite game that you've moved on to another favorite game parodying "it's not you it's me" and other relationship cliches. It was pretty funny, I can't find it again, and its making me nuts.

If you recall what it was called or anything about it that would help me find it, let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is it The Ebb and Flow of Game Relationships (Or: Stretching a Metaphor To the Breaking Point)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nope. I found that when googling.

The one I'm thinking of has the author speaking to the games, as it were. Not game as metaphor for relationships, but relationships as a metaphor for how he was playing or not playing games.

Thanks for trying, though.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about Love at First Turn? it's all love proclamations directed towards games, but one of the comments says:

Quote:
Alas, for me, this was "love at first turn" that changed quickly to "we need to talk." Based on its ranking, though, I was honestly able to say "it's not you, it's me" as we parted ways.

another possibility is that for whatever reason, the geeklist author decided they didn't want their content on bgg anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No. Much closer, though.

In the one I read there were actual conversations with the personified games, where the writers apologized for not spending time with them, or explained why they were now seeing other games, etc.

It was pretty funny and had some curious insights about why one game replaces another in one's affections.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.