Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the 2 player game with the 3 player rules and it went well. The only question I had is how many historians can you play in the game......2 or 3? Also ,when the deck cannot refill the three card row, does the game end immediately before the next player goes or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

the two player variant is usually based on the 4 player rules. If you change the rules anyway you may decide, whether to play with 2 or 3 historians. I recommend to use 3, because otherwise you will have not much movement on the monument tracks.
(In case of the regular 2 player rules, each COLOR has two historians, thus each PLAYER has 4 altogether. So you have 6 historians passing by each colors display during a game in any case.)

End of Game: The game ends after you have finished your turn and BEFORE the next player's turn begins (in case there are no 3 faceup cards available). There is no action the next player may take and there is no rule for the players who have had less turns than the starting player. The game is over immediately, as soon as you should refill the 3 face up cards, but you do not have enough cards in the draw pile.
(note: the faceup cards are filled up to 3 only at the end of your turn.)

I wish you a lot of fun in playing games.

Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question on the Two Player Game: the first rule says "do not us the cards and monument track marker for any 1 Monument". I understand the card part (remove all the 1 values from the game,) but do not understand the monument track marker part. The track markers move when a history is written, correct? Am I to assume that you skip the first space on the monument tracks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. That's "1 monument", not "1 cards".

IE, choose one monument from the deck like Petra or Akropolis, and remove all the cards for that monument. Since there are no cards for it, it can't score, so no marker is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Heh. That's "1 monument", not "1 cards".

IE, choose one monument from the deck like Petra or Akropolis, and remove all the cards for that monument. Since there are no cards for it, it can't score, so no marker is needed.

Right! I guess why I didn't get that is because in the 3 player rules the one monument is explicity identified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.