Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have on my desk, the dozen+ figures referred to in the headline. The only thing I still need to paint is the kilts & hats, and after that...
I will be finished!
Yup! Almost 2 years after receiving Battlelore as a Christmas gift, I will have painted up the base game plus every single expansion to have come out in the meantime... That´s almost 400 figures!
I won´t be the first to have accomplished this, but I´ll still be very satisfied and happy about it!
Pictures WILL be posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

Can't wait for pix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Same here. As someone who is contemplating beginning to paint their Battlelore, I know this is no small feat. Looking forward to pics.

Congratulations on finishing. I know it makes the game more enticing to play with painted figures, even if just a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!! Quite a feat, sir!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, kind Sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Tinsley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
The only thing I still need to paint is the kilts & hats

Saved the hardest till last, eh?

I commend you for your patience and discipline, and hope that the hours of enjoyment that those figures give you even exceed the hours you spent painting them! Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody!
I´ve already had loads of fun playing Battlelore! And unlike Warhammer 40K, the painting/playing ratio weighs in most heavily on the playing side...
Luckily it´s one of my girlfriend´s favourites, so it gets a lot of tabletime around here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb

For inspiration
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:

For inspiration

Jim, how did I know that you'd be along here shortly with a photograph or two and plenty of thumbs for all? laugh You definitely deserve kudos as well, for all of your hard work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I'm nearly 1/2 done w/ my base game, but I haven't even touched the expansion packs yet.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure to play nearly as much as I'd like to...ah well, at least I can admire the pretty pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough at the moment I'm painting my War of the Ring minis rather than my Battlelore ones - even though I play Battlelore much more often. Perhaps I'm just worried about them getting destroyed ... by my four-year old son...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.