Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or stay home and watch Appleseed on the new flatscreen. Ya, I vote for Appleseed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The movie is for pre teen girls anyway, and not a good one at that. But it made a lot of money because of the popularity of the books, so..i guess good for them.

As far as vampire books goes, I enjoy Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends, and the sequal book You Suck, much better than Twilight series. I once got the book on CD for twilight to try, I cannot stand the whining of the girl in there for mroe than 2 min, I returned the thing to the library the next day. Maybe because I am not a pre teen anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Appleseed.

OR instead, go see a "good" Vampire flick "Let the right one in".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
(...Other stuff...) Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends, and the sequal book You Suck (...more stuff...)

Agreed. Very good, very funny books.
(The sequel isn't nearly as good as the first book, but it's still worth a read.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of the books or the movie-- and I read a LOT. I expected a joke post intended to IMPLY a connection with Twilight Struggle but simply having a picture of a scene at twilight.

Of course, I've never been a vampire enthusiast. Monsters I know aren't real scare me not at all. It's the monsters in human form that I know ARE real or ones in good fiction which just might be that creep me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the first 4 Lestat novels I'm jaded about the "new take on the vampire". OMG they have a reflection. Yippee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
Or stay home and watch Appleseed on the new flatscreen. Ya, I vote for Appleseed.

I've been staring at this picture of Appleseed for the past hour and I just don't get the appeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
After reading the first 4 Lestat novels I'm jaded about the "new take on the vampire". OMG they have a reflection. Yippee.

Really? I liked Lestat. I could barely get through Interview with the VAmpire, but the Vampire Lestat I thought was excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Del_Esau wrote:

Really? I liked Lestat. I could barely get through Interview with the VAmpire, but the Vampire Lestat I thought was excellent.

Oh that's what I meant. After reading Rice's books I don't think a vampire novel could impress me like them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Del_Esau wrote:
After reading Rice's books I don't think a vampire novel could impress me like them.

But you haven't seen vampires play baseball in the rain or swoon over young love with doughy moonbeam eyes. It's friggin' magical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RKFade wrote:
Del_Esau wrote:
After reading Rice's books I don't think a vampire novel could impress me like them.

But you haven't seen vampires play baseball in the rain or swoon over young love with doughy moonbeam eyes. It's friggin' magical.

And don't forget. They sparkle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the first four Necroscope Books from Brian Lumley. After that he kinda drug out the story and the books became boring, the fifth book to me was kind of slow.

The vampires in his books are original as is the entire concept of the Necroscope series.

It is NOT happy, happy vampire rainbow savior at the end of the story. It is grity, bloody and gripping reading.

http://www.brianlumley.com/necroscope/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.