Thumb up
1 Posts

Puerto Rico: Expansion I – New Buildings» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yehuda Berlinger
flag msg tools
I guess I'll add session reports with expansions to this entry, even if they are not just the official expansion, and I'll add only regular PR reports to PR's entry.

Puerto Rico + expansions
Rachel 55, Jon 53, Nadine 46

Rachel and I almost always play with some variation of the following set, now:

Aqueduct:Lg Ind and Lg Sug produce extra goods (sometimes Assembly Line:all prod buildings have extra space)

Small Fashion District:Sell indigo at +2

Hacienda (somtimes Surveyors Officeick any plantation from supply)

Small Warehouse

Hospicelantations come pre-filled. May move colonists onto Hospice when buying

Large Market

Trading Post (in two player, something else, like Church, Office, or something wierder. Exchange House:swap a good with Trading House at end of Trading phase, is a bit powerful, but also sometimes used)

Discretionary Hold:store up to 3 goods, and may ship 1 barrel extra into the Hold of any full ship. Sometimes we play Small Wharf:ship any goods to supply for 1 VP/2 barrels, or Specialization Wharfrime SW with one of your barrels, you have wharf of that good type.)

Factory (sometimes Super Market:sell at +3)

Large General Workhouse (2 circles)roduce any goods with corresponding plantations. LGW can be very powerful. It's natural enemy is Exchange House, but EH is a bit powerful, also. Still it is not unbeatable.

Large Business:gain captain's and builder's privileges (+1 VP if ship at least once, -1 all buildings)

All big buildings, except Guild Hall, for which we substitute various others, such as Capitol (+1/3 points in red building vp's)

Which is what we played. I was second, and Rachel started out with Settler/quarry, leaving me sugar, and Nadine coffee. I looked and looked and looked and finally decided to go with an unusual Aqueduct strategy, I produced a heck of a lot of it, but I could almost never trade it, since Rachel deliberately blocked up the TH with sugars. I had trouble shipping it, since Nadine and Rachel together locked boats and kept trading coffee and tobacco before I could force them to ship enough to clear the boat. Blah. Even so, I still scored ok.

Nadine took Large Gen Warehouse, but never produced tobacco with it, only coffee and sugar. Producing the sugar slowed down the coffee boats. She also took Trading Post, to slow down the Trading House.

Rachel took Hospice, a building I fear she has been creaming me with quite often. I don't know if it is because we play 2 player or 3 player so there is always something useful for her to pick, or that the added momentum of moving a colonist onto it when you buy it really makes it worthwhile, but she uses it well. She quickly picked up a few corns and then tobacco and Factory, the latter which I was slowing down due to sugar hoarding. Eventually she got Discretionary Hold, and shipped a few extra goods even when she was locked out of shipping.

Both Nadine and Rachel took two big buildings, and I was lucky to get the one I did, although a Wharf would have been even nicer.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.