Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: Filters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can walk you through it, but seeing some screen shots would help a lot. Is there a way to put screen shots in posts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kubigaruma wrote:
I can walk you through it, but seeing some screen shots would help a lot. Is there a way to put screen shots in posts?

You can put them in your personal image gallery and then use them just like the other BGG images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: If you are not registered, nothing will be saved. Only registered players can make user changes that last from session to session.

Make sure that your toolbar is configured to include the "Game Partner". This is also handy for making changes to your filter later. For instance, I’m not always in the mood to play Power Grid, so this way I can silence the calls for Power Grid more easily.

Right-click on the tool bar and you get these options:

Choose configure and you get this box:

As you can see, your current tool options are on the left, and all of the available tool options are on the right. If you don’t have the "Game Partner" tool, select it from the available tools, and click the blue arrow to add it to the active tools. Add any other options you may want at this time. You can also highlight an active tool and click the red "X" to remove the tool from your toolbar. When done, click "ok".

Now, left-click the "Game Partner" tool from the toolbar.

Make sure the "Show text for partner search" and "Sound" are both checked. Click on the "Filter" tab and you get this:

Make sure "BSW-Spiele" is active and also mark the option "for seeking game partners".

Note that there are three distinct boxes. The one on the left is a list of all games on BSW. The other two boxes work together to determine your filter preferences. Your filter boxes are linked by "either/or", "and", and "not".

There are several ways you can configure these together. I’m only going to talk about the "either/or" or "oder" option. This notifies you only of the games you want to play and filters the rest. Select the option button for the joining bar (between the filter boxes) and choose "or" / "oder".

Both filter boxes have options for configuring them as well. Choose "At least one filter must be fulfilled" for each box. Now, highlight the top box (it turns blue) and click on a game you want to be alerted to by choosing the game from the box on the left, using the scroll bar as needed. Next, highlight the bottom box (it turns blue) and do the same thing.

Add as many games as you want. You can remove games by clicking the red square beside the game you want removed. Now click "Activate filter". Finally, in the main chat box (very bottom below "-- GPS:" in the chat line) type: /save

You should get a message, "-- Your lists have been saved." You can make temporary changes to your filters by adding and deleting games, then clicking "Activate filter" and not saving. When you log out and come back later, your default setting will again be active. Of course you can make any changes permanent by simply typing "/save" again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.