Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo M. Corrêa
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Well, I know that both games have the same kind of mechanics and I do like both themes. So, wich one should I get and why? Are there any diferences in component quality among them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played Sitting Ducks Gallery, but from what I've read about it, it seems closer to Family Business than Guillotine. In Guillotine, the characters in line to die aren't 'owned' by anyone (until the moment of their demise) - while in Family Business, the characters in line to die are very much 'your' characters and you should do your best to move them out of the line of fire - which seems to be the mechanism at play in Sitting Ducks Gallery as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Both are great and have their individual approach to the same mechanic. I like Sitting Ducks mainly because even though you are out of ducks you can still shoot at the others still in play. The draw back of Sitting Ducks though is the same as the one thing I like is that there is player elimination, where in Guillotine there is no player elimination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.