Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought all the expansions and the base game (Battleground: Crossbows & Catapults War Chest Starter Set) for a little over $20 (AND DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO!) at the Toys R Us at Southcenter near Seattle this afternoon.

An hour later I went back and bought another base set and gave it to the Marine by the Toys For Tots bin.

Wasn't sure if this was a Black Friday thing, so your mileage may vary, but, hell!, it'll work for a distraction for all the players I plan on BURYING in next week's Titan game!

I know this may be a little bit of a re-post, but I'm sure a lot of you are making the rounds this weekend . . . and I'm not sure the expansions were involved before. Good luck!

EDIT: Let me clarify . . .

STARTER SET = $10
EXPANSIONS = $3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults/Expansions, $9.99 and $2.99 at Toys R Us Brick & Mortar
Will you like this game? I'm sure there's a lot of subtle discussion that could be had regarding your game proclivities, but this quotation of BGG user panzer-attack can be used as a perfect litmus test:

panzer-attack wrote:
"Getting hit with the plastic firing discs hurts."

This line is key to the Crossbows and Catapults experience. Add copious amounts of beer to the equation and you have one of the greatest drinking games ever.

Sound like fun? 10 bucks! Come on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults/Expansions, $9.99 and $2.99 at Toys R Us Brick & Mortar
Played it a couple times tonight; quite a blast. You don't need the expansions at all. $9.99. You and a buddy build a couple forts and smash it to pieces . . . with a rule or two here and there to keep it honest!

KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought complete set (expansions and all) online for the same deal. Paid 11 bucks S&H though. Still, great buy. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults/Expansions, $9.99 and $2.99 at Toys R Us Brick & Mortar (UPDATE: DEAL IS ONLINE, TOO!)
Picked it up today for me and my son. With a coupon for $10.00 off for using my Toys R Us credit card, got the base set and three expansions (including the larger tower expansion) for only $13.00! Hard to argue with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battleground: Crossbows and Catapults/Expansions, $9.99 and $2.99 at Toys R Us Brick & Mortar (UPDATE: DEAL IS ONLINE, TOO!)
Didn't see that larger expansion (though I looked for it) at my Toys R Us, but would have gotten it if it was there. Lucky you!

How much was the Tower expansion?

KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:

I think it was $5.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
Didn't see that larger expansion (though I looked for it) at my Toys R Us, but would have gotten it if it was there. Lucky you!

KJ

$5.99. I missed one of the small expansions, apparently (the mortar/trebuchet), so I'll have to go back and get that one for the complete set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Brooks
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the base set for the $10 price, but at my store (Woodland Hills, CA) the tower expansion was $11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
An hour later I went back and bought another base set and gave it to the Marine by the Toys For Tots bin.

What an outstanding idea. I'm going to go buy several and do the same. Games can bring a lot of joy and brightness to the lives of children whose parents can't afford to give them much. It brings even greater joy to me to realize that I helped provide it for them.

Oh, and this new Crossbows & Catapults game is indeed outstanding fun. Like I say in my Collection comment for this game, "If you don't like this game, an important part of your inner child has died."

I purchased the base set and a couple of expansions at full price when it first came out, and haven't regretted the decision!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems it was a Black Friday weekend sale. The prices you quoted are the clearance sale prices, and some items (including C&C) were an additional 50% off over the weekend. They went back to "normal" clearance price on Monday. It was the same at my local Toys R Us when I went back to pick up the twin attack set that I missed on Saturday (Trebuchet & Mortar) - it was $5.98 rather than the $2.99 I could have gotten it for on Saturday. (Just as well, since this way my son doesn't know he's getting it for his birthday now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.