Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin McKenzie
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When opening up the new Titan from Valley Games you should take the tokens out of the bag and leave them unpunched for a day or so to allow them to dry better prior to punching them. This tends to make them fit in the tray better.

Then let the battles begin (Brings back my college memories (Titan, Eon Cosmic, Kingmaker, Diplomacy, Ogre, Car Wars, Illuminati, Three Little tan books that described the game of D&D.... Oh the memories)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I was lucky. I got my Titans unbroken, and my monster chits fit perfectly in the box a few minutes after I opened it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaleljorson7 wrote:
I guess I was lucky. I got my Titans unbroken, and my monster chits fit perfectly in the box a few minutes after I opened it.

Countdown until you create a thread titled "my new titan counters are all smeared!"

3... 2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Kaleljorson7 wrote:

Countdown until you create a thread titled "my new titan counters are all smeared!"

3... 2...

Or... not. I punched and stored my game the night I got it. Just checked it five minutes ago, again. No "smearing" to speak of. No "drying" needed.

My Titan is magic.

I still have yet to see ANY photographic evidence of any "smearing", however there is a whole thread here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/357899 showing many people just simply don't know the difference between a parchment effect and "smearing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I punched mine last night in a well ventilated room (I tried in the kitchen but was afraid of the fumes killing off the animals and poisoning the food gulp ). I had problems putting a few counters in the inserts but they all fit (Sort of, the damage chits didn't fit in the insert).

I only had 1 damaged chit and I guess I will be trying to fix it myself cause I have dealt with VG on CS issues in the past and know from prior experience that you have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting what you need in a timely manner. I left the top off the box over night and when I got up this morning they seems to have shrunk a bit. I hope that leaving the box open the rest of the day helps shrink them up some more.

It is just a shame that the CS at VG is SO HORRIBLE cause the game is beautiful but due to the soaking wet chit sheets you are sure to have maybe 1 split token when punched and you know sure as hell that your not gonna get a replacement before you send you toddlers off to college.

Aside from the wet chits (it is the inside that is wet not the ink on the outside) I can only see two other problems with this game both are much more minor then the chits. I had a piece of the board that had a paper tag hanging of the side that I had to carefully trim and the pictures in the bottom of the box are WAY off center (But they are really nice). In all I am very pleased with the look of this game. I think VG tries very had but they are just biting off WAY more then they can chew on the CS front. They need to hire someone that does nothing but CS stuff like Thaad at FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.