Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If a player activates the FTL control during the turn and jumps, then at the end of the turn they draw a crisis card. If said card has a "jump advances" then does the jump advance from the start? Not sure if we're doing this right.

2) If a cylon draws a crisis via the Caprica action that is a "current player chooses" does the cylon choose? If the Cylon draws one that is "president/admiral chooses" and the prez/adm. has the choice of discarding some cards + making the current player discard, does the cylon discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
1) If a player activates the FTL control during the turn and jumps, then at the end of the turn they draw a crisis card. If said card has a "jump advances" then does the jump advance from the start? Not sure if we're doing this right.

Yes, the jump track will have reset before the Crisis phase of the turn. Same for a cylon attack -- the basestar will show up on a fresh jump clock!

Bankler wrote:

2) If a cylon draws a crisis via the Caprica action that is a "current player chooses" does the cylon choose? If the Cylon draws one that is "president/admiral chooses" and the prez/adm. has the choice of discarding some cards + making the current player discard, does the cylon discard?

Yes, the Cylon is the "Current Player" for all purposes of a crisis card. It's a pretty messy case, and one thing the game does not really handle well at all, in my opinion. The only major exception is that the cylon player cannot be sent to the brig/sickbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that FAQ states that, in the case of a "current player" card, the Cylon chooses another player to receive the effect. I have to double check, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DuckAndCower wrote:
I believe that FAQ states that, in the case of a "current player" card, the Cylon chooses another player to receive the effect. I have to double check, though.

Nope - you're just making that up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 20, under "Revealed Cylons and Crises", it specifically states:

- "When a revealed Cylon player draws a Crisis Card that poses a choice for the current player, that player makes the decision."

- "Revealed Cylon players are unaffected by abilities on Crisis Cards and skill checks. ... and cannot be forced to discard Skill Cards."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.