Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This game recently caught my interest. But I have a few questions ...

Is the situation fluid, at all mobile, or is it a static slugfest?

The map and counter art looks gorgeous, are they 5/8th inch counters, are the hexes adequately larger than the counters?

And finally, do you like the game? Does it get played, would you buy it again?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is the situation fluid, at all mobile, or is it a static slugfest?

The map and counter art looks gorgeous, are they 5/8th inch counters, are the hexes adequately larger than the counters?

And finally, do you like the game? Does it get played, would you buy it again?

The situation is slugfest, but there are enough interesting rules and situations to make it a dramatic slugfest. If the Soviets make a breakthrough then you'll see the real fireworks go off.

I do like the game, but I've found that WWII games set in Europe are not a high priority on my play list so I traded it for another game. But it is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks gittes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this for the first time the other day. I had to download the erratta and the rules were not real clear. Once I figured it out the game was pretty good. As gittes said its definitely a bloody slugfest. I will play this again. The counters really suck and are hard to read. The maps nice enough though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.