Popular Tags: [View All]
Allison dlr
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly, I am not a professional photographer. The pictures below probably could be in sharper focus. Peoples' limbs in the pictures probably could more resemble solid flesh, instead of a ghostly blur of motion, if I paid attention to what I was doing rather than hastily try to capture a "moment." So I totally understand why the geek mods rejected these photos. Actually the last picture did pass muster (hooray! My first approved picture! 1 GG closer to an avatar ), but I do feel that the three together tell a funnier/cuter story. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving:

I am thankful my friends Kerri and Ryan had a beautiful, healthy baby in October.

I am thankful Kerri and Ryan invited me and our friends George (the Asian dude in the pics) and Katie (his fiance) to share their first thanksgiving with their newborn.

I am thankful for turkey. And cornbread stuffing. And wild rice. And mashed potatoes. And green beans. And pumpkin pie.

I am thankful that after eating all of the above, we were feeling pleasantly blimp-like, but not literally splitting our pants, which would have been embarrassing.

I am thankful everyone roused themselves out of their mild food coma and agreed to play Puerto Rico. I am thankful that my friends like games enough to take up their Thanksgiving playing them.

I am thankful that even with a 7 week old child that has to be fed every two hours, Kerri had the energy to learn the rules to a pretty complex game she'd never played before.

I am thankful that EVERYONE had the energy to learn the rules to a pretty complex gamed they'd never played before.

I am thankful my friends are dexterous enough to juggle Puerto Rico pieces AND a baby in their lap.

I am thankful that the baby's unhappiness about being in peoples' laps while they juggled Puerto Rico pieces was quickly resolved by a diaper change.

I am thankful that after pausing the game to pick the baby up and calm her down, we were able to finish up playing, and my friends all had a great first Puerto Rico experience! I am especially thankful that no one was too miffed by the nearly 4-hour game, as that's what happens when a baby needs to fed, changed, and cuddled frequently.

I am thankful to anyone who responds to this post with their own set of gaming pictures that are more than the sum of their parts and may not have gotten past the mods for that (or whatever) reason. Of course, if your pictures did get in, you're welcome to add to this thread too!

P.s... I am also thankful for people who don't use this thread to rant about Geek-modders... I am one too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good way is to combine the three shots into one with some software and submit them as a single shot. It will pass, guaranteed.

Takes 5 minutes with a result like this (without optimizing anything, just for the example):

Caption: Puerto Rico with Baby on lap can force you to some unusual moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison dlr
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
A good way is to combine the three shots into one with some software and submit them as a single shot. It will pass, guaranteed.

That's a really good idea... didn't even occur to me. There's always next time :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.